News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by Dannii, November 14, 2006, 08:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

I've just release a new version of it, and it will soon be on the mod site. Try installing that one instead to see if fixes the problems.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

webmistress

GREAT. Thank you. Do post here when you upload it. Many thanks. I don't think I'll shrivel up before then. It is a way cool mod and it makes tracking the stats in my counter really easy, too.

ketchup

Hi ...my version is : Powered by SMF 1.1.1   so i shoudn't install this right?

Dannii

No you can install it. Make a backup first to be safe.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

webmistress

[code]Fatal error: Call to undefined function: generateprettyurl() in /home/file/anotherfile/yetanotherfile/Sources/Subs-Boards.php on line 1074[/code]

The pretty urls works until I try and add another board. When I do, I get the above error.

I no longer have a theme (too many issues) and have reverted to classic. Any ideas?

Dannii

If you upload your Subs-Boards.php, I'll fix it for you.

webmistress

I'll take you up on this. I just added a test account. I'll PM you. I need to give the test account admin priveleges but I don't know how to do that. Still finding my way around the admin menu.

Thanks.

I did install it but I'm not going to add any boards yet.

webmistress

I just downloaded 3. But do I need more than one of those files?

Dannii

Firstly uninstall any older versions. Then install the 0.3 base package. After that you can go to "download packages" and select the "Pretty URLs Package List". Install "Pretty URLs - Extention: none" and "Pretty URLs - TinyPortal - Extention: none" if you use TinyPortal.

webmistress

http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/

Prettyurls for search engines optimization (key words)

Above is the link where you get this new version.

eldʌka-It is working quite beautifully. I uninstalled the previous, and uploaded the new. Took all of 1 minute.

I was starting to shake from "pretty url withdrawal" being the marketing "ho" that I am.

Thank you. It is making me very happy. I added a new board and so far no errors.   

Dannii

I'm glad it's working for you :)
I admit, I love it too!

Dannii

Advertisement: