View Single Post

Started by live627, November 14, 2006, 08:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddarrell

This worked fine, and Thanks... good mod, ma6tches other type forum format.

darrell
i know just enough to really screw up ;D

dcorc

Works very nicely, but what would be really nice is if it also allowed you to print that single selected post :)

harunkaraca

how to mouse link ?

like permalink ?

SleePy

You would need to add a link there.

If you are using SMF 2.0, you can directly link to it via http://site.com/forum/index.php?msg=###, where ### is the message id.

By default it creates a link to it on each post's subject. Although it currently links to it with the subject in tact.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Vandaahl

This mod is not working correctly for me on 2.0 beta 4: the replies work like they should if you click on the reply number, but there is no reply number for the topic start and clicking on the topic start title jumps the page to that post, but it doesn't hide the replies. It is correctly installed on the default theme. Any ideas?

Edit: I think I know what's wrong. I'm not using the English language so it probably didn't modify a necessary file during installation of the mod.

SleePy

Do you have a link to your site?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Vandaahl

Quote from: SleePy on January 20, 2009, 06:26:53 PM
Do you have a link to your site?

Sorry for the very late reply: I solved the problem by manually adding some langauge strings to my Dutch language file. The board isn't online yet.

I was wondering if you could help me with something else: I'm trying to build an SSI function which can link to a single post, as enabled by your mod. The problem is, how can I determine which page the singe post is on from SSI? For example, "http://www.cinema-extreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=1242.60;msg=79969" (I made the part I'm talking about bold).

As a work in progress, my URL in my SSI function looks like this:

<a href="'.$scripturl.'?topic='.$post['topic'].'.'.$post['start'].';msg='.$post['id'].'">' . $post['subject'] . '</a>

I would have to know how to populate the $post['start'] variable. I don't understand how SMF calculates this number and if it's even possible to do it with SSI. I'm adjusting the standard ssi_queryPosts function for this. Any pointers? Basically what I'm trying to do is have SSI generate the same kind of URL that View Single Post generates.

SleePy

The board you linked to is using SMF 1.1.5. Please, update it to at least 1.1.8. There has been security fixes since then.

It would be hard to determine from there the logic needed to know what page it is on.
The link you gave though would only show a single message still, regardless of if you have the page number or not.

Vandaahl

Quote from: SleePy on March 09, 2009, 07:50:53 PM
The link you gave though would only show a single message still, regardless of if you have the page number or not.

I wish that were the case, but it's not unfortunately. Without the page number, the link jumps to the first post in the thread.

Regarding 1.1.5, I'll get to updating it eventually. Thanks for your concern.

SleePy

The page number is generated based of how many replies in the topic there are divided by how many posts per a page to display.
Such as if there was 100 replies, and we displayed 20 posts per page. There would be 5 pages (100 / 20). SMF uses the actual number of replies though instead of a page number. Such as if we where viewing page 3, we would be at .60 for the start (20 X 3 = 60).

How to determine what page you are on is a bit harder. You could do it by doing a count of all posts in that topic that are below that message id you have. Even if the start isn't perfect (such as 67), SMF should be able to sort it out itself. You could as well round it down if you want a perfect match.

Homicide

Quote from: dcorc on September 10, 2008, 08:27:43 PM
Works very nicely, but what would be really nice is if it also allowed you to print that single selected post :)

ack, i miss this Feature too.

SleePy

Well technically it should be there, there is just no link to it.

If you add to the end of a single post url ";action=printpage" then it should display just that single post.

heinandar

if one user turn on "Show most recent posts at the top." and make one single post,and one user doesn't turn on "Show most recent posts at the top.", your mod does't works.

SleePy

What version of SMF?
This works fine in SMF 2.0 for me.

heinandar

Quote from: SleePy on May 11, 2009, 07:21:31 PM
What version of SMF?
This works fine in SMF 2.0 for me.
mine is 1.1.8

SleePy

Are you using the latest version of this mod?
Which is currently 2.0.5.

It didn't work quite well in older versions. I got it up to work as it should though in newer versions.

Edit,

The only way I get this to fail is if I change that setting while viewing a multi-page post. This is because of the start in SMF is wrong for the query to know what messages to grab.

LoopinFool

Any chance for an update to be compatible with SMF 1.1.10?

I'd like to install this mod but it's "not compatible". If I have time I might look at the 1.1.9 install diffs and see if I can make it work, but I'd much rather use the built-in SMF mod installer.

Thanks,
- LoopinFool

SleePy

This mod will work with 1.1.10.  Due to a bug in SMF, the version detection the mod supports doesn't work correctly.
Just add this to the end of your url in package manager  ;version_emulate=1.1.9
It now will install for you :)

LoopinFool

Thank you, but please forgive an SMF newbie here...

I uploaded the .tgz file to install the mod. I don't see a way to just enter a URL to install it from.
For some reason, I get "unable to connect to the server" when I use the browse link in the package manager to look at the mod site.

Edit: I figured out the url by modifying the [ Delete ] link in the package manager to include "install", "version_emulate", and my session id.
The error I get is "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."
I have uploaded SinglePost2.0.5.tgz and set version_emulate to 1.1.9. I got to SMF version 1.1.10 by applying their update patch to 1.1.9.
I also recently installed the Aeva mod before this. Could that interfere? That's the only other mod on this system.

Thanks,
- LoopinFool

SleePy

Try to download the package with another browser.  As well try to upload it via FTP to your packages folder.  Then give this a try.

Advertisement: