News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Invite System?

Started by Phlux, November 24, 2006, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phlux

I'm not for sure if their is already a mod out their or not. I'm looking for a mod so people have to get and invite to join the forum. Like gmail etc.

Not sure if one is out there so thanks if you know of it.

Jacen

I saw one once, but I can't remember if it was SMF, vBulletin or IPB.

You can check the mod page or wait for a modder to reply :)
"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

GC

Im wanting to create a mod like this, but not sure how Ill get it to send the e-mail. I wanted one with more features. Users can register normally, and users can invite people by e-mail and get points per invite.

Phlux

Would be cool if someone developed a mod like this. :)

nitins60

Phlux

Hey Jacen, I think the one you probably seen was for IPB.

would be a cool & useful mod
.::.

Jacen

"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

[Dark.Shadow]

yes, the one ive seen too was for ipb... it integrated into the skin to see the "key" :P was pretty good, hoping to see one like this soon

exeron

count me in on wanting this. Was going to do one myself but i dont know the SMF theme well enough :(.

please someone must know how to do this.

VB has something similar.
.::.

exeron

i made 1 for my site (not all SMf intergrated with the theme but mostly (www.zentix.net) might be able to work out the theme. If someone would make a quick action form submit with email address and comment on then i can try and impliment it to other peoples site (Think i worked it out now), dont know how to use the mod packager thingy nor is my PHP robust enough for it.

richiehale

Quote from: GC on November 25, 2006, 02:23:31 PM
Im wanting to create a mod like this, but not sure how Ill get it to send the e-mail. I wanted one with more features. Users can register normally, and users can invite people by e-mail and get points per invite.
yea people being able to invite is exactly what i need for my new forum... if anyone knows of one, lets hear it..lol.

exeron

which version of SMF are you using and you you have any profile mods on?

richiehale

SMF 1.1 RC3 and yea i have a few profile mods installed.

Coldfx

You could try working with the way SMF sends out validation e-Mails. I mean, with some adjustments, you could have one running.

If this gets popular enough, Grudge might make it :D

exeron

ive made one, sort of, just dont know how to package it.

westie

Yes would be excellent, look forward to a kind person making this.

richiehale

i think i found a nice tell a friend mod, it was an add on for tinyportal but now i just need to figure out how to add it too the command bar for SMF.

Advertisement: