News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What the heck does that AwwLilMaggie dude do...

Started by Gary, December 07, 2006, 01:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Yes, I am a dude. :P

I've blogged quite a bit before, but this is probably the widest audiance I've ever had so bear with me as I ramble on about gibberish and quote random things / The Simpsons that have nothing to do with what this post is supposed to be about. :P

I've gotten quite a few PM's since joining the team, what is it that I (and the other doc writers) actually do here, so I thought I might as well share what we as a Doc Team actually do. 

Well, what we do is make sure that the Online Manual is actually up to date and easy to read. I mean, a manual has to be informative and guide a noobie through the process of doing something, most of what is needed for the most basic of issues with SMF is in there. But remember, we are always looking for feedback and would like your ideas on possible docs that should be added.

As for me however, while I write the odd doc or two, that isnt my main role on the team, what I do for SMF is Flash documentation, the Flash tutorials will add a visual guide to how to do something. As you can expect, there are none at the moment for the reason is that animating in Flash takes a long time. However, I can assure that some Flash tutorials are in the works and as soon as I can come off hiatus, I'll have them ready for your viewing pleasure.

What the Doc Team also handles is the management of the Language Translations, but this doesnt mean that we translate into all the languages ourselves by any means, considering that I personally only know English. The translations is the part where you can help towards the project, if you know a language we dont currently have already then by all means translate! You can find an FAQ on how to translate SMF into other languages here

So I hope that was informative for you and lets see when another blog post of mine will crop up. :P

As The Squeaky Voiced teen says on the Simpsons;

Keep watching the Skis! Uh... Skies.

Gary, Doc Writer type person. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

junglecat

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on December 07, 2006, 01:48:16 PM

You're a DUDE!?  :o

I'm a Dudette.  ;) For some reason I'm often mistaken for a dude in forums where I have the username junglecat.
PM me for affordable hosting. I will install your SMF forum with your choice of a theme for FREE.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join us at Christian Discussions 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

cwjoe

When can I expect an Al Bhed SMF translation to be made? ;)

Gary

You make yourself Joe Joe, you know how that or work with me on it. :P

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

cwjoe

I would but... so much translating... My mind can only handle so much copy and pasting...

Besides, it'd only be a novelty and I doubt that many people other than myself and you would actually use it. :P

Gary

Heh true, but I'm sure Final Fantasy nerds would use it. ;)

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

MH-MINI

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on December 07, 2006, 01:48:16 PM

http://dictionary.hm/?dude

(n.) A kind of dandy; especially, one characterized by an ultrafashionable style of dress and other affectations.

Hmm... =\

Mini

Fiery

Interesting enough one of the guys that composes music for the Simpsons went to my Alma Mater (North Dakota State University) Alf Clausen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alf_Clausen

Gary

It's too bad that Clausen wont be composing for the movie though. :( Not saying that Hans Zimmer is bad, but still Clausen is a better choice for it I think.

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Fiery

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on February 19, 2007, 10:17:46 AM
It's too bad that Clausen wont be composing for the movie though. :( Not saying that Hans Zimmer is bad, but still Clausen is a better choice for it I think.

-AwwLilMaggie

I agree on that one.

Advertisement: