Required Certain Amount of Posts to see Hidden Things

Started by Chmura, December 12, 2006, 03:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chmura

I think this would be more of a mod
But I'd love to see this - hide a link or anything else in a thread that a user will not be able to see untill they reach a certain amount of posts
would be even better if it allowed the user to select how many posts they want users to have so for example if someone was making a thread they would type [HIDE="15"]hide something here[/HIDE]
that would be a cool 
FaceTheMusik.net [nofollow]

KGIII

With a bit of changing settings you can mostly accomplish that with the Hide Tag MOD that is already there. After it is installed: Admin > Features and Settings > scroll and you'll see the settings. It won't let users pick the number though but you can set minimum post count to be able to unhide stuff.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

Chmura

FaceTheMusik.net [nofollow]

KGIII

I've thought about it and, I suppose, it might be possible (if one wanted to dig through the code) to set the default to announce by just changing the output code. I don't know where it would be though I'm pretty sure you could do it. You'd want something like an...

if ($context['user']['is_admin'])
         {
         }

Where the *** would be the code to swap it so that it was checked by default. Where it would go? Hmm... Maybe in Subs-Post.php? I dunno really... Someone here might though. I guess I'd personally wonder why someone would want to announce all the posts? An announcement is something that is more important and if every post were announced they'd lose their importance.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

Advertisement: