News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Tagging System For Topics

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 19, 2006, 10:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

That code should work in portal block
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kimmie

If people cannot add tags to other peoples posts, how is it happening?

vbgamer45

Permission issue? Admin tags permission or other permission given to them?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kimmie

Just  ran a few tests with some reg member accounts. They don't have the permission to add them, but they still can. looks like a problem within the mod to me.

These are the permissions on all reg groups

vbgamer45

What SMF version and using latest tags version?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kimmie

SMF 2.07 Mod Version 2.4.2. I see there is an update to the mod. Does it fix this problem?

Kimmie

Quote from: Kimmie on June 15, 2014, 07:32:32 PM
SMF 2.07 2.08 Mod Version 2.4.2. I see there is an update to the mod. Does it fix this problem?

?? Any news on how to fix this yet?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kimmie

So I will assume the answer to my question above, is no. The update does not fix this major problem. 

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Michael Pfaff

I'm also having an issue where people can tag / delete tags despite having no permissions. Any idea on a fix?

Nevermind. Had permissions inherited from a group that caused the issue. Fixed now!

Did find another error though. If I use an apostrophe, I get "'" in the tag instead of the apostrophe.

Michael Pfaff

Also, has the full list of tags option been considered?

langel

Hi There! Just install this great mod and I noticed something, the button "add tag" appears for all users and not just the author of the post.

I have already reviewed the permissions and not I found nothing, It is possible to make that button only be visible to users, authors of the post?

An image of what I want to do:

Thanks!!
Me podran vetar de mil foros pero nunca me callaran!!

Kimmie

Quote from: Michael Pfaff on August 07, 2014, 11:47:28 AM
I'm also having an issue where people can tag / delete tags despite having no permissions. Any idea on a fix?

Nevermind. Had permissions inherited from a group that caused the issue. Fixed now!

Unfortunately, this did not resolve my issue. I have no groups with inherited permissions. Any other ideas on this?

Can someone tell me the difference between 2.42 and 3.0? There is nothing on the mod page showing what the changes are. Thanks.

vbgamer45

Two minor fixes to Post.php and Post.template.php

One to make tags lowercase and the other not to show add tags if they don't have permission for it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kimmie

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 14, 2014, 11:45:12 PM
Two minor fixes to Post.php and Post.template.php

One to make tags lowercase and the other not to show add tags if they don't have permission for it.

That sounds like it may resolve my issue. Will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks.

elf_fu

Hello!

I have recently installed tagging system for Topics. I've gone through and checked and double checked that all member groups (except guests and banned), gave the permissions. "Add Tags to Own topics," and "Delete Tags to Own Topics."

As an administrator with several non admin accounts, I've added tags to my own post as well--with success. But I have one member who says that Tags aren't saving for them if they try and add Tags while writing a post/Tags section right under "Subject," for a post. They say that if they scroll all the way down to the bottom of a post; it works. But no matter what they do, they can't get tags to stick while writing a post/using the area for tags under Subject line.

I've installed this on a forum that is 2.0.8 with a lot of mods--can list them if needed. But anyone have any general clue as to why they can't save tags in a certain area?

GR

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

@VBgamer45

I keep trying to send you my copy of Downloads2.php at your support site but there is some glitch it keeps telling me to log in ... I've got this tagging module working perfectly with the Downloads keywords AND also just finished fixing so that if posting a download to one of the forums, it'll transfer the download description into the new forum post instead of only just the image as it is in the default module...

You'll have to come to my site if you want it now dude... and btw audience, Google just loves this module lol
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

martin9870

Hello, When I tried install this mod I encountered one error in ./Themes/default/Post.template.php - "test failed". After clicking on error log I received this:

<input type="text" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />
   </dd>

';
   // Tagging system Mod
   if(!isset($context['num_replies']) && allowedTo('smftags_add') )
   {
   echo '
   <dt>
   <b>', $txt['smftags_topic'], '</b>
   </dt>
   <dd>
   <input type="text" name="tags"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" />
   <br /><span class="smalltext">', $txt['smftags_seperate'], '</span>
   </dd>';

}

//End Tagging system mod
   echo '

I have SMF 2.0.8 with Simple Portal 2.3.5. Could you help me with installing this mod? Really I don't know how to solve this problem on my own. If the whole mentioned file is needed I will upload it here.

Thank you in advance  ;D

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: