Tagging System For Topics

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 19, 2006, 10:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin9870

Here is the whole file "Themes/default/Post.template.php"

I hope you will be able to help  8)

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

martin9870

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 12, 2014, 12:43:45 AM
Updated file attached

Thank you, but still it is not working.  :( When I try install the mod with the new file, there is still the same error as before. (Only difference is that with your updated file additional form would appear between subject and message icon when posting or replying in the forum). It looks like the space for tags  :o - but the mod was not installed yet.  ???   

vbgamer45

Yeah you will need to install the mod just ignore that error when installing since i updated the file for you.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

martin9870

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 12, 2014, 09:54:52 AM
Yeah you will need to install the mod just ignore that error when installing since i updated the file for you.

Should I replace file before installation or install the mod with the original file and then replace it?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: martin9870 on September 12, 2014, 12:04:32 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 12, 2014, 09:54:52 AM

Should I replace file before installation or install the mod with the original file and then replace it?

Install, then replace...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

martin9870

It works fine now. Thank you for your help  ;D

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hcfwesker

Is there a way to limit this just to one board?  Like an IF staement with the boardID on displaytemplate.php so [Add Tag] is only seen on that one board.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hcfwesker

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 29, 2014, 08:11:51 AM
Yeah that would work.

Thanx, gonna give it a shot, along with other ides.

A Couple of requests, and I'll try and tackle some of them, and supply edits. 

*Board name, where the listed topic name, started by, views & replies are listed on the Tags page.  I think having the Board location in that row would be nice too.

*Last Replied on, in that list would be nice too.  Not sure if it'd require to much.  Gonna try it

*separate tags more clearly, with something like brackets.  [tag1] [tag2]

EDIT:
Quote*separate tags more clearly, with something like brackets.  [tag1] [tag2]

Have made this work. 

Sources/Tags2.php
Find
$context['poptags'] .= '>'.$key.'</a> ';
Replace with
$context['poptags'] .= '>['.$key.']</a> ';

hcfwesker

Quote from: hcfwesker on September 29, 2014, 01:03:42 AM
Is there a way to limit this just to one board?  Like an IF staement with the boardID on displaytemplate.php so [Add Tag] is only seen on that one board.

Just sharing for those who care ...

Display.template.php

Wrap the entire code for Tagging that is added, with

global $board;
                    if(( isset($_REQUEST['board']) && $_REQUEST['board'] == '1' ) || ( isset($board) && $board == '1' )){

< TAGGING SYSTEM CODE ADDED IN THIS FILE >

}

( isset($board) && $board == '1' )

Change 1 to the board id, and you can add more to have 1 or more selected boards for Tagging Only. 

EX.
if(( isset($_REQUEST['board']) && $_REQUEST['board'] == '1' ) || ( isset($board) && $board == '3' ) || ( isset($board) && $board == '5' )){

To show only in Boards 3 & 5

Use at your own risk ;)

** Haven't made changes to Post template, to stop Tags from being added there, yet.  But it's pretty much the same setup.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: hcfwesker on September 29, 2014, 06:12:05 PM

A Couple of requests, and I'll try and tackle some of them, and supply edits. 

*Board name, where the listed topic name, started by, views & replies are listed on the Tags page.  I think having the Board location in that row would be nice too.

I've got this request resolved, this only displays the board name, it is not a clickable link, requires editing several files, see attached...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

hcfwesker

Quote from: Bob Perry on September 30, 2014, 12:43:23 AM
I've got this request resolved, this only displays the board name, it is not a clickable link.

That's good enough for me.  Thanx, bud.  I'll check em out soon. :)

Thanx, I got the link to the board to work. 

Next task is to reorder topic list when [tag is clicked] by most recently updated topic (if not then by number of replies).  [ DONE :) ]

Bruno36

Hello!

Or find the translation French please
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

vbgamer45

I don't see a french translation attached? Or are you looking for one?

You can also make one by translating tags.english.php and text added to modificatoins.english.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

maximus23

Pas de support par PM ou Courrier...Veuillez utiliser le forum pour vous avoir une réponse rapide à votre demande d'aide. Merci.
Amitiés et à Bientôt...
No support by PM or Mail...You will get better and faster responses in the support forums. Thank you.
Have a nice day...

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

deep16

vbgamer45

The add tag field is only visible to the topic creator.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: