News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Chat to Moderators Thread

Started by The Parson, December 19, 2006, 02:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Parson

I've searched the threads here and never came up with the answer I needed. Is it actually possible I've come up with a new question?

My question here is: Is it possible to have a thread that the users can post in but the thread contents would only be visible to the ones who started them and the Moderators / admins. This would be a great feature if I could figure out how to implement it.
Webmaster for:
The Forum Post Exchange

Oldiesmann

Currently this is not possible in SMF. The basic functionality wouldn't be too difficult, but making sure that these posts remained a secret to anyone who couldn't view them would be a bit challenging - you wouldn't want this info being shown in a "recent posts" list, in a search, etc. if users couldn't view them.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

The Parson

So basically it is a progession thing with this package... Doesn't matter. I still think SMF is the greatest thing since peanut butter.

I'll see if I can manipulate the Member groups some how to get a simular result. Thanks again.
Webmaster for:
The Forum Post Exchange

The Parson

It's been about 8 years now. Has this function ever been figured out?
Webmaster for:
The Forum Post Exchange

Mstcool

Nope. But maybe they're some mods on the mods site that has this feature. :p

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

The Parson

Webmaster for:
The Forum Post Exchange

Advertisement: