News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I JaR oF JaM I

So, no one knows how to change the height?
Death smiles at us all... All we can do is smile back.

master2oo8

Juhu, it works.
i have done a stupid error :(

But now i have a other problem, my site have about 200k pageviews everyday, and the shoutbox slow down my quadcore (!!) server very much. how can i make, that it dont take so much power? thanks!!!

Steephh

I've some problems with viewing the History. I have SMF 1.1.7 and nneonneo's shoutbox 1.21. I use standard settings, only blocked guests from posting.. I can't view the History. I get a page like this [nofollow] and this [nofollow] doesn't work both. Do I something wrong? :(

@ master2oo8:

Look in the topicstart: High bandwidth use for large forums

@ I JaR oF JaM I:

Look in settings.php, 5th line:

// Set the maximum amount of lines to be displayed at a time
// After changing this, /clear the shoutbox to make the change
// take effect.
$maxLines=12;

Both questions are just RTFM, imho :)

Enira

Quote from: nneonneo on November 10, 2008, 12:48:17 AM
@Enira: That is very strange indeed. I don't know what would cause IE to crash (indeed, debugging IE is not a fun task, especially when it *should* work). I don't have IE 6 installed, and unless someone can point me towards a clean way of letting IE 6 coexist with IE 8 without them trying to overwrite each other, it would be appreciated (my previous attempt at this failed and required an OS reinstall, so I am understandably wary of trying this again)
Due to the nature of my studies I usually have a fresh VMware with Windows XP ready. So I can run multiple operating systems inside my current OS. (With different configurations)

Also I noticed that the crashes always happen when I exit the mainpage into a board page. (Meh disabled the shout currently for people using IE 6.0) My logs told me it were only a few people that use IE 6.0.

xakiru

Quote@xakiru: According to the output, soundmanager2 is working perfectly. Maybe it is just muted or something. If you want I can come to check it out?
Thank you so much ... just tell me what to post .... i dunno if it's muted ...
Personal: www.xakiru.com [nofollow] | Private RO Server: www.sublimero.com [nofollow] |
Working at: www.Divisi0n.com [nofollow]

nneonneo

@Steephh: Is history.home.txt empty? If it is, it might indicate a problem with saving history -- usually using chmod will fix the issue.

Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Steephh

history.home.txt is 4MB.. and is getting bigger and bigger!

lol :P

bfeo

My host told me that my IP alone was running 180 connections because of the shoutbox.  Could this be caused by having check duplicates on false?  I'm afraid to put the shoutbox back up, because my host got very disgruntled with me.  Their server blocked my IP 10 times before they divulged the reason I was being blocked (who knows why), and yet they seemed to think that I was at fault for not fixing the problem.

What can I do to lower the amount of connections made, while still having the shoutbox appear on all forum related pages?

master2oo8

nneonneo, maybe you can add, that when a teammember bann a user from shoutbox, that there stand in the shoutbox something like "$user banned from shoutbox"?

Quote from: bfeo on November 13, 2008, 09:00:21 AM
My host told me that my IP alone was running 180 connections because of the shoutbox.  Could this be caused by having check duplicates on false?  I'm afraid to put the shoutbox back up, because my host got very disgruntled with me.  Their server blocked my IP 10 times before they divulged the reason I was being blocked (who knows why), and yet they seemed to think that I was at fault for not fixing the problem.

What can I do to lower the amount of connections made, while still having the shoutbox appear on all forum related pages?
Yes, the SB makes much connections, thats true...
read http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.0#post_troubleshooting

zirak

I've had to manually install the mod since 1.1.7 has a pain in the ass bug on connecting to the FTP server

So When I installed it, everything runs smoothly just that... I CANT POST SHOUTS DIRECTLY FROM MY FORUM!

I can post shouts from the /yshout/ folder, just not directly from the forum... Does any one know what the problem is?

Look...
http://demonicbots.freehostia.com/index.php [nofollow]

nneonneo

@master2oo8: That is probably doable.

After
doMsg("Success: banned $id from reading and posting.");
add
global $user;
if($type == 'ban_names_') makeShout("$id has been BANNED from reading and posting.");

@zirak: I am going to wait until your forum comes back, and then I can look at it.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

zirak

Lol, it was on? What was wrong with it o.O
If you get any error its most likely the host. I encourage you to refresh every time you see a SMF connection problem or anything related to the host.

nneonneo

Did you change the default theme's path to http://demonicbots.freehostia.com/Themes/Fakdordes? That will break the shoutbox, and probably other things too.
spammers here!

zirak

Let me check
::EDIT::
Let me make you an admin accoutn so you can skim over the settings

nneonneo

Got it, please remove that information before someone compromises your board.
spammers here!

zirak

I was tracking IP of the account I made to see if any one else was connected, I also saw some error logs generate for example

8: Undefined variable: current_action
File: /home/www/demonicbots.freehostia.com/Themes/default/Themes.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 612
?action=theme;sesc;sa=admin

All of the errors occured in Themes.Template.php

nneonneo

Aah, you have installed a theme on top of the default! This is definitely not going to work.

I am not sure how I can fix this. Maybe it is best if you just copy script.js from Themes/default over to Themes/Fakdordes. This is a short-term fix, you really should try to get the theme installed separately from the default theme...

P.S. my IP ends with 49.195 in case you want to make sure no-one else accessed it.
spammers here!

zirak

No, its completely seperate..

When I switched hosts there was a "template" error

they are by fact, completely seperate.

I just don't know how to lead them that way. I tried to make them seperate but it kept giving me the default Theme is invalid or something
I also didn't know where to install all the files that game with the package, I installed all the files, except the image ones in the root, and the images in the theme/images folder

::EDIT2::
Script.js did fix the problem... But You kinda gave me that doubting feeling that I didn't install it properly... But yet it functions the way it supposed to

Mikeric

is there anyway to speed up how fast the chatbox refreshes? It seems like half the time the previous post doesnt show up unless you refresh or type your own thing.

zirak

check ur settings in jshout folder
I just noticed i'm keep getting this error everytime i post a message on the shoutbox

Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used after 'URL-Rewriter' in /home/www/demonicbots.freehostia.com/yshout/yshout.php on line 776

Advertisement: