News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Language Drop Down

Started by Matthew K., January 02, 2007, 11:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

What version of SMF are you running?

AMWebby

liuxyon

it is can't work for SMF 2.0.2 and theme?

I using SMF2.0.2 and meridian theme.

the index.template.php can't fix and change code.

liuxyon

it is can't work for SMF 2.0.2 and theme?

I using SMF2.0.2 and meridian theme.

the index.template.php can't fix and change code.

Matthew K.

Probably won't work using 2.0.2 yet, especially on a custom theme. Sorry.

ddabcd277

Hello,

The mod works fine on SMF 2.0.2 with the Curve Theme. Thank you.  :)

I have a question. Excuse me if it is alredy answered. When a language is choosen is it possible also the Boards names and descriptions to be changed?

Regards,

Matthew K.

That's really unrelated to the modification itself, it's related to how SMF handles languages, internally.

Board names and descriptions are inputted by the administrator(s) via the admin panel, they are not text strings and therefore are not translated because they are not static.

ddabcd277

@ Labradoodle-360

Thank you. I understand that. Thought someone has figure how to achive it. Isn't the board names and their descriptions recorded in the smf database? 

markeefarmer

Have installed mod, but it is not showing on my forum. 
Do I need to activate it somehow for the drop down box to appear? 

Arantor

Quote from: ddabcd277 on November 18, 2012, 01:46:21 PM
@ Labradoodle-360

Thank you. I understand that. Thought someone has figure how to achive it. Isn't the board names and their descriptions recorded in the smf database? 

Sure they are. But they're only recorded *once*. There's nowhere to store multiple variations of the board names.

Ardenstone

Thanks for making this!  I tried downloading it by browsing to it from Package Manager and received an error ("Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable...").  Other packages work; I suspect the issue is the spaces in the file name.  Maybe I have something strange setup, but I had the same issue on two different SMF installations.

I downloaded the package manually, renamed it to LangaugeDropDown_1.5.3.zip (not sure I needed to do that step), threw it in my packages folder and it's working great.  Thanks again for developing it!

Matthew K.

dan4ever

Hi

Is it possible to have the "Dropmenu" under the search button?
Like the SMF-site itself.

Were do I change that?
Had a look into index.template.php and tried to put "<br>" but no result.

I have SMF 2.0.4
/Dan Olsson, Webmaster at https://www.guldforum.se

Matthew K.

No result? What happened? What code did you try to modify?

dan4ever

Had a look into index.template.php and tried to put "<br>" before the "Drop Down", but no result.

Matthew K.

Linebreaks are designed for visual breaks in paragraphs not actual layout breaks which they are typically used for unfortunately. Can you attach your index.template.php?

dan4ever

Thanks... Here it is

dan4ever

DenDen60

I would like to use this mod, but it's really old. I can't install it on my forum. I have tried to find other modes, but they don't seem to work like the select language menu here.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: DenDen60 on April 13, 2016, 11:45:16 AM
I would like to use this mod, but it's really old. I can't install it on my forum. I have tried to find other modes, but they don't seem to work like the select language menu here.

Oh tried to emulate the version? also with such an old modification is not recommended to use for risk injection can lead this!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Advertisement: