News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)

Started by Daniel Marquard, January 03, 2007, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: pmp6nl on January 06, 2007, 01:05:57 PM
Try copying the youtube image to: /themes/your-theme/images/bbc

That worked for me

Though it may seem like a simple fix, his problem is the mod in its entirety, not just the image.

nazone

I think I have an issue with your mod...

See it at: hxxp:forum.nazone.org/ [nonactive]

$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; displays at top and messes up style

shawn

4fit?

Quote from: Marlon on January 06, 2007, 12:54:18 PM
Quote from: Alexmosutheskypirate on January 06, 2007, 03:38:18 AM
yup..very nice..working perfectly..
the easyest way to do it...would be to tell the mod to actually read only the last 11 characters of...whatever you input..
as the youtube code is http blabla+11 characters..the last 11 characters...ae the important ones
this should be ...easy...shouldn't it ?

and it would still work if you input the 11 chracters..only..cause all of them would be the last 11 chars :D

thanks for the mod

saludos :D

As long you YouTube agrees to *never* change the number of characters in their video IDs, I see no wrong with implementing it in the next version.  Thanks for the idea.  :)
I like that idea.  But, instead of hardcoding a number of characters, I would just look for the equals sign and extract everything to the right of that sign.  Of course, I know squat about PHP coding and am only speaking from VB experience.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: nazone on January 06, 2007, 06:31:32 PM
I think I have an issue with your mod...

See it at: http://forum.nazone.org/

$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; displays at top and messes up style

shawn

I honestly cannot explain why that happened.  Can you copy and paste the contents of Modifications.english.php in a post for me?

billyoregon

exactly what i was looking for. thank a TON!

livedown

Hi
  I downloaded the mod from this Website asusual and uploaded it through Admin Panel same as i woud do for any other MOD. But, i did not see any changes when i installed the mod. the BBC didn't show up. The codes
didn't work either. but the mod says its installed... what am i doing wrong? i saw that some other people are having the same problem. :(

my website is www.livedown.us/forum  --> please check it out and help me!1

THank You! :D ;D

livedown

Ok, this mod also kinna screwed up my theme... i use default... on the top of the page i can see the codes and stuff. Also i have tried both Firefox and IE they dont show up on both browsers. Is there any way to fix it? i tried uninstall and it didn't take out the codes and stuff  from top of the page.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: www.livedown.us on January 08, 2007, 09:52:01 PM
Ok, this mod also kinna screwed up my theme... i use default... on the top of the page i can see the codes and stuff. Also i have tried both Firefox and IE they dont show up on both browsers. Is there any way to fix it? i tried uninstall and it didn't take out the codes and stuff  from top of the page.

There has been one other reported instance of the language text appearing at the top of the forum; was that there before installing my mod?

Also, use [youtube=###,###]videoID[/youtube], with ###,### representing the dimensions of the embedded clip.

livedown

OK, i tried that , but i still get nothing.

check this out...

http://www.livedown.us/forum/index.php?topic=340.msg1338#msg1338

EDIT: Nevermind... i fixed the problem where the theme gets messed up.. but i still can't get the tags to work. ???

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: www.livedown.us on January 08, 2007, 10:20:27 PM
OK, i tried that , but i still get nothing.

check this out...

http://www.livedown.us/forum/index.php?topic=340.msg1338#msg1338

EDIT: Nevermind... i fixed the problem where the theme gets messed up.. but i still can't get the tags to work. ???

Just out of curiosity, how did you fix the text at the top of your forum?

livedown

The modification.english.php file was wrongly edited.... the edits were placed outside the
"php?>" tags.

I also noticed that the sub.php file was not edited at all, but after i manually edited it, it still doesnt work... is there any way to completely remove the mod?

Thank You! ;)

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: www.livedown.us on January 08, 2007, 11:55:36 PM
The modification.english.php file was wrongly edited.... the edits were placed outside the
"php?>" tags.

I also noticed that the sub.php file was not edited at all, but after i manually edited it, it still doesnt work... is there any way to completely remove the mod?

Thank You! ;)

Either uninstall it through the admin panel or open the package file itself and start finding and replacing.

livedown

adp

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: adp on January 10, 2007, 05:33:18 PM
It's possible i insert all url?
gRWIyvBSjtk -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=PIRS95CbJNw ?

tnks

It's been discussed to trim all but the last ten characters contained within the
tags.  This feature will be added to the next version.

[dazed]

I just installed it on my test forum v1.1.1 cause my users really want it.

First problem the .gif didn't load (pacman said a ok when installed).
Second, nothing appears on the screen although the space for the box appears. I have read every post here and tried all the given solutions.

Same results in Firefox v1.8.xx, (not everybody waqnts to run the 2.0 beta) IE and Opera.

No problem un-installing it though.

I know this has been rough for you, but something is seriously wrong.

Guess I'll have to wait for the update.

Thanks for the effort.

gmorin

PS What we really need is a WYSIWYG editor like the high priced guys.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: gmorin on January 11, 2007, 02:21:56 AM
I just installed it on my test forum v1.1.1 cause my users really want it.

First problem the .gif didn't load (pacman said a ok when installed).
Second, nothing appears on the screen although the space for the box appears. I have read every post here and tried all the given solutions.

Same results in Firefox v1.8.xx, (not everybody waqnts to run the 2.0 beta) IE and Opera.

No problem un-installing it though.

I know this has been rough for you, but something is seriously wrong.

Guess I'll have to wait for the update.

Thanks for the effort.

gmorin

PS What we really need is a WYSIWYG editor like the high priced guys.

Firefox 2.0 is a final release, not beta.  You should consider upgrading.  The image should be copied to the "bbc" images folder of your custom theme.

I installed the mod as i usually would and after installation this came up:

So i uninstalled the mod and it still remained.
So i deleted the actual mod  - it remained

i reinstalled the mod hoping it would overwrite the previous one and now its added another load of code on the top. HELP please
.::.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: 05185736 on January 12, 2007, 04:01:11 PM
I installed the mod as i usually would and after installation this came up:

So i uninstalled the mod and it still remained.
So i deleted the actual mod  - it remained

i reinstalled the mod hoping it would overwrite the previous one and now its added another load of code on the top. HELP please

Can you please post the contents of your ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php for me please?

I know this may sound stupid but where do i go for that?
.::.

Advertisement: