News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)

Started by Daniel Marquard, January 03, 2007, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Marquard

Link to Mod

Overview

This mod allows a poster the option to embed a YouTube video in a post through the use of the [youtube=425,350][/youtube] BBC (bulletin board code) tags.  What makes this variation different from other YouTube BBC mods is that the code it uses is XHTML compliant, thus keeping with the forum's XHTML validity.

Its use is easy: simply plug the video ID (random jumble of letters and numbers) between the
', 'description' => $txt['youtube']),
[/code]

Compatibility

This mod is only compatible with SMF 1.1 and 1.1.1.  This mod will not be ported to work with any version bellow 1.1, as I only encourage the use of version 1.1 or above.

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Motorhead

Package manager said it had installed but didnt seem to do anything, non of the files where changed..

Went in and did it manually and it seems to work ok

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: RoarinRow on January 03, 2007, 11:16:13 AM
Cool, it works thank you!   8)

Glad you like it.  :)

Quote from: Motorhead on January 03, 2007, 12:27:42 PM
Package manager said it had installed but didnt seem to do anything, non of the files where changed..

Went in and did it manually and it seems to work ok

Odd.  Are you using a custom theme or is that none of the files were changed whatsoever?

Motorhead

From what I could tell nothing had changed, it was showing as installed but wasn't working, so I ftp'd the files that needed changing, checked against the changes that should have happened, and nothing was there ??

I'm using SMF Default and Babylon, but even on the non scheme specific files nothing..

Could be pac-man playing up

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Motorhead on January 03, 2007, 04:07:53 PM
From what I could tell nothing had changed, it was showing as installed but wasn't working, so I ftp'd the files that needed changing, checked against the changes that should have happened, and nothing was there ??

I'm using SMF Default and Babylon, but even on the non scheme specific files nothing..

Could be pac-man playing up

Just out of curiosity, did you download the mod from the mod site itself or through the package browser in your forum?

Motorhead

downloaded it , then uploaded it with pac-man

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Motorhead on January 03, 2007, 06:07:11 PM
downloaded it , then uploaded it with pac-man

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that.  Is it an FTP client?

Edit: Seems it is in fact an FTP client.  Well I've tried it on several various installations and it's worked for me.

Motorhead

sorry pac-man is short for package manager :)

njoker555

lol pac-man i like it, and second will it work on 1.1 rc3 ? lol, i havent upgraded yet
Gamers Forum << PR3 forum WebZ Junk Blog << PR3 Blog ZenPix Blog

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: njoker555 on January 03, 2007, 07:39:41 PM
lol pac-man i like it, and second will it work on 1.1 rc3 ? lol, i havent upgraded yet

Nope.  I highly recommend you upgrade to 1.1.1.  Once you upgrade and install my mod, please tell me know if the install works for you.  It's the wierdest thing that it will install for me, but not for Motorhead.

njoker555

will all my old mods still be there if i upgrade, that was one of the reasons i didnt yet, cuz i had a bad exp before with another forum
Gamers Forum << PR3 forum WebZ Junk Blog << PR3 Blog ZenPix Blog

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: njoker555 on January 03, 2007, 09:47:23 PM
will all my old mods still be there if i upgrade, that was one of the reasons i didnt yet, cuz i had a bad exp before with another forum

If you use the proper upgrade package, most of your mods will remain intact, if I remember correctly.

NYRiders

Works great in our forum (www.nyriders.com) with IE, cant get it to work with Firefox (1.5.0.9) though....
Any suggestions?

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: NYRiders on January 03, 2007, 11:20:05 PM
Works great in our forum (www.nyriders.com) with IE, cant get it to work with Firefox (1.5.0.9) though....
Any suggestions?

Can you give me an example topic where the mod is used?

Motorhead

QuoteNope.  I highly recommend you upgrade to 1.1.1.  Once you upgrade and install my mod, please tell me know if the install works for you.  It's the wierdest thing that it will install for me, but not for Motorhead

It may have been something playing up with the server when I did the mod, it's no big deal 10 minutes to install manually by editing the required files and uploading them...

Working a treat on my site..

h4ni

work fine thank you!!

matthen

I added this mod to my site, and it works fine for everyone, except for people using firefox. Though firefox 2 seems to have no problems with it.

Here is an example thread:

http://www.poweriserpages.com/forum/index.php/topic,1003.0.html

What changes should I make to the code to make it work for them?

Thanks,
Matt

matjazz

Quote from: matthen on January 04, 2007, 08:56:30 AM
I added this mod to my site, and it works fine for everyone, except for people using firefox. Though firefox 2 seems to have no problems with it.

Here is an example thread:

http://www.poweriserpages.com/forum/index.php/topic,1003.0.html

What changes should I make to the code to make it work for them?

Thanks,
Matt

Ia have the same problem :S

buhaychat.com

Err sorry to ask, but what would go inside the [youtube] tags?

The whole embed object code?

Advertisement: