News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Visual Warning 1.30 doesn't work in SMF 1.1.1

Started by Agustín, January 06, 2007, 05:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agustín

Dear friends:

Please, would exist any charitative soul being able to send us a Visual Warning mod really working with SMF version 1.1.1.?

When its ZIP is uploaded by SMF Package page in our forum it is impossible to install it. When we install it following the whole instructions simply it doesn't work. We are completely hopeless because we need that mod in order to open our forum as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your kind answers and solutions.

Kind regards.
Un cordial saludo:
Agustín

vbgamer45

Contact the mod creater and see if they can update it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Agustín

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 06, 2007, 05:52:22 PM
Contact the mod creater and see if they can update it.

Thank you. How can I do it? Who is the mod creator and how can I contact him? May be he/she doesn't read these forums and my petition could haven't been seen or noted by him/her?

Kind regards
Un cordial saludo:
Agustín

Agustín

I'm sorry. I've already found Grudge's account and I've sent a Private Post Mail via this forum. Thank you very much.
Un cordial saludo:
Agustín

Coldfx

For those looking for a warning mod, their is always vWarn (You'd have to edit the "package-info.xml version" from 1.1 to 1.1.1).  Same thing, except with it being based off membergroups, you can add more levels of warning.

Just something to keep users in need of a warn mod, something to hold onto.

Agustín

Quote from: Coldfx on January 07, 2007, 10:12:45 AM
For those looking for a warning mod, their is always vWarn (You'd have to edit the "package-info.xml version" from 1.1 to 1.1.1).  Same thing, except with it being based off membergroups, you can add more levels of warning.

Just something to keep users in need of a warn mod, something to hold onto.

My main interest is only pre-moderation mods or a mod being able to make same thing, like Visual Warning. By means of one of its levels it is possible to ellaborate a pre-moderate and aproval system. At least it is what I expect it to do.

By the way, is there any mod being able to pre-moderate and approve posts before they are published in the forum, but in a dedicated way?

Kind regards
Un cordial saludo:
Agustín

Coldfx

Quote from: Agustín on January 07, 2007, 12:31:37 PM
My main interest is only pre-moderation mods or a mod being able to make same thing, like Visual Warning. By means of one of its levels it is possible to ellaborate a pre-moderate and aproval system. At least it is what I expect it to do.

By the way, is there any mod being able to pre-moderate and approve posts before they are published in the forum, but in a dedicated way?

Kind regards

Not yet, this is one major feature SMF lacks.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this feature come up though (And by-the-way: vWarn also supports moderation);

Agustín

Quote from: Coldfx on January 08, 2007, 02:40:53 PMI wouldn't be surprised to see this feature come up though

Yes, but when? My point is that I know a number of people who are looking this same thing and they are starting to think in migrating to another soft :( I think that, in this sort of issues, creators should compromise to concrete dates in order to maintain users because when an user has migrated to another soft it's difficult (s)he returns back again and without specific and precise dates one could't ethernally wait :( Honestly, I don't know whether I am the exception or not.

Quote from: Coldfx on January 08, 2007, 02:40:53 PM(And by-the-way: vWarn also supports moderation);
I'm afraid not :( Look:

QuoteA new warning mod, based on membergroups. The main differences to VisualWarning mod are:
this mod does not contain post moderation, I will soon code a separate mod for that.

Regards
Un cordial saludo:
Agustín

Coldfx

Then just edit the package-info.xml in VisualWarn to 1.1.1 from 1.1.  It displays a few errors, but for post-moderation (And for me), it appears to work fine.

Agustín

Quote from: Coldfx on January 09, 2007, 10:45:41 PM
Then just edit the package-info.xml in VisualWarn to 1.1.1 from 1.1.  It displays a few errors, but for post-moderation (And for me), it appears to work fine.

I'll do as you say. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

PS: By the way, does anybody know why when we click on Admin/packages/download_packages/Simple_Machines_Third-party_Mod Site 
it doesn't work for version 1.1.1 (it only says there is no packages)? Thank you in advance.
Un cordial saludo:
Agustín

Coldfx

Quote from: Agustín on January 10, 2007, 02:35:03 AM
Quote from: Coldfx on January 09, 2007, 10:45:41 PM

I'll do as you say. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

PS: By the way, does anybody know why when we click on Admin/packages/download_packages/Simple_Machines_Third-party_Mod Site 
it doesn't work for version 1.1.1 (it only says there is no packages)? Thank you in advance.

No problem ;)

And to your postscript: Looks like some problem w/SMF happened during the update.

Advertisement: