News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] XMB - 1.9.8

Started by JayBachatero, January 08, 2007, 09:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Edit the file.

Find
ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC
Change to
ORDER BY code DESC

Also use the convert file here. Updated Converters List & Support Topics
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

auspuff

I,m trying to convert my xmb 1.9.1 to smf but i get this error:

Notice: Undefined index: charsets in ....../smf/smf_1-1-2_xmb_converter/convert.php on line 328
Converting topics... Duplicate entry '501' for key 1

I,m on this step:
convert.php?step=1&substep=7&start=500

I did use the latest convert.php and xmb_to_smf.sql from the forums. Any ideas anyone?

OMGitsDALE

I tried converting and i get this at step 1: "Not allowed to run this file directly."

Any suggestions? :\

JayBachatero

Quote from: auspuff on February 01, 2008, 09:48:48 AM
I,m trying to convert my xmb 1.9.1 to smf but i get this error:

Notice: Undefined index: charsets in ....../smf/smf_1-1-2_xmb_converter/convert.php on line 328
Converting topics... Duplicate entry '501' for key 1

I,m on this step:
convert.php?step=1&substep=7&start=500

I did use the latest convert.php and xmb_to_smf.sql from the forums. Any ideas anyone?
Did you try running it again?

Quote from: OMGitsDALE on February 04, 2008, 01:58:08 PM
I tried converting and i get this at step 1: "Not allowed to run this file directly."

Any suggestions? :\
Converting to SMF
Follow me on Twitter

OMGitsDALE

EDIT: Nevermind. It WAS something obvious and I fixed it. Haha. But there's another problem, whenever I put in the link to SMF, I get this:

QuoteThis converter was unable to find SMF in the path you specified.

Please double check the path, and that it is already installed there.

OMGitsDALE

I've tried everything I can think of, and I still get the error I post about. Except when I change the links to the same (except them ending) I get the first error I posted. And then when I change one, it says the one I just posted. :\ I don't know what to do?

JayBachatero

Need to run convert.php not the other file.
Follow me on Twitter

OMGitsDALE

I am running convert.php though? I read the "Converting to SMF" document a whole bunch of times and nothing is working.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

WTF

I'm trying to convert XMB 1.9.8 to SMF and I keep getting the error "Not allowed to run this file directly." I have followed the directions for converting and nothing works. The information is right, SMF is installed in a separate directory, the paths seem to be right... what am I doing wrong?

auspuff

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 04, 2008, 02:43:20 PM

Yes I did, a couple of times actually, no luck. I started again from scratch and now i,m also getting the same errors as OMGitsDALE:
This converter was unable to find SMF in the path you specified.

Hope this issue can be fixed!

JayBachatero

Quote from: WTF on February 09, 2008, 02:02:47 PM
I'm trying to convert XMB 1.9.8 to SMF and I keep getting the error "Not allowed to run this file directly." I have followed the directions for converting and nothing works. The information is right, SMF is installed in a separate directory, the paths seem to be right... what am I doing wrong?
You are running convert.php correct?

Quote from: auspuff on February 11, 2008, 06:34:16 AM
Quote from: JayBachatero on February 04, 2008, 02:43:20 PM

Yes I did, a couple of times actually, no luck. I started again from scratch and now i,m also getting the same errors as OMGitsDALE:
This converter was unable to find SMF in the path you specified.

Hope this issue can be fixed!
Is the convert.php in the same directory as SMF?
Follow me on Twitter

CaribbeanBreeze

No matter what I do. This converter is not working. I have been at this for two weeks now. I've been on here and I've uploaded the latest fixes and convert.php for this forum and nothing is working correctly.

This is the error that I continuously keep getting.

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

I've noticed that none of the code changes I made in the convert.php for that specific issue work either. Yes, I replaced that line of coding and yes it was overwritten. I ran convert.php and everything the database users are all hooked up and this is not working at all. Getting a bit frustrated. May just have to give up and stick with XMB if I can't get this converted correctly very soon here. Not sure what is going on. I've done just about everything. I will not delete and re-install the SMF forum again because that is getting frustrating.

SleePy

Are you using the .sql file attached to the first post in this topic?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

CaribbeanBreeze

Yes. I've used everything for the conversion from this topic.

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

CaribbeanBreeze

YAY! That one worked. Thanks SleePy! :-)

PatrickPriest

Quote from: WTF on February 09, 2008, 02:02:47 PM

I have the EXACT same thing happening with me.  Trying to convert from XMB 1.9.8 to SMF... and I get the same error.  I am pretty good experienced at creating databases and users.  SMF has access to the XMB database.

Using the converter is quite easy also... all the information is correct.

Is the converter up-to-date for XMB 1.9.8?

SleePy

Common conversion errors.

If that doesn't help, could you pm me the contents of the /config.php file from your xmb software?

PatrickPriest

Advertisement: