News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

If you have the link can see if it contains the link property.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

chemicalscream

I know this RSS feed isn't pulling the source links when it autoposts onto the forum..

hxxp:fiftyshadesupdates.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default [nonactive]

thanks!

vbgamer45

Copy this file to your sources folder and let me know if it helps!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KirkhamsEbooks

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 31, 2014, 04:19:21 PM
No easy way to clean those up if it is html.

I turned off HTML in the feed that did the trick. The source led people to the complete article.

Rick

vbgamer45

That would work in most cases as long as the tags are well coded in the html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DerrickRose

I'm having trouble with this. I have a rss setup from a vbulletin forum I want to get rid of the source and instead have it setup so that it posts the complete article or the complete topic and get rid of the source on the bottom, how do i do that?

Source: Link

SilverKnight

I would like to have iframe support to post the rss link as a iframe of the webpage.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

it would not...    there is no GOOD way to do that
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Grej

How do I add Reddit feeds? I'm trying to use: http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/.rss

But I keep getting this error: XML error: syntax error at line 1

How do I fix this?

Also how do I change the "Update every x minutes" to 1 minute or 30 seconds?

Every time I try to change the number to below 5 it just changes it back to 5 when I press edit.

vbgamer45

You will need to use a third party tool to clean feed check though the posts in this topic on how to do it

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Grej

Thanks, but how do I change the "Update every x minutes" to 1 minute or 30 seconds?

Every time I try to change the number to below 5 it just changes it back to 5 when I press edit.

Kindred

you REALLY do not want every minute...  actually, even every 5 mins is excessive and will pound the providing server
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

I honestly would do it once an hour. You can have the cron script run every minute that is fine. But fetching the feeds every 5 minute for changes seems like a lot.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Grej

I just really need an option to fetch for changes for less than 5 minutes. Even 4 minutes and 30 seconds would help me out a lot.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Grej

For a project I'm a working on that posts the latest RSS information from a website.

The more recent the information, the better.

Kindred

So, it is someone else's website?   In that case, you most certainly should not be pulling any more than once every 15 mins...   Otherwise, you are going to hammer their servers....   If you pull more than once a min, you will basically be doing a denial of service attack on them
Слaва
Украинi

Grej

Yes it is someone elses website. It's Reddit.

Their rule says no more than 30 requests per minute so I think 1 RSS check per minute or every 45 seconds would be fine. :D

The idea for my project was to post the latest reddit links to my forum and I thought by using this mod I could do it.

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Advertisement: