RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowy_1971

Hello All,

I have installed the mod RSS Feed Poster(version 4.2.1) and it is working well bar one issue. If the feeds include a link they do not work, when clicked they just open a new tab in the browser called about:blank

I am using SMF 2.0.11

The feed URL is hxxp:www.google.com/alerts/feeds/08165373219290797405/15146823727046691509 [nonactive]

an example of the feed content is;

<feed xmlns="hxxp:www.w3.org/2005/Atom [nonactive]" xmlns:idx="urn:atom-extension:indexing">
<id>
tag:google.com,2005:reader/user/08165373219290797405/state/com.google/alerts/15146823727046691509
</id>
<title>Google Alert - psoriasis</title>
<link href="hxxp:www.google.com/alerts/feeds/08165373219290797405/15146823727046691509 [nonactive]" rel="self"/>
<updated>2016-04-22T18:32:12Z</updated>
<entry>
<id>
tag:google.com,2013:googlealerts/feed:5273093838411379965
</id>
<title type="html">
Conversations in Treatment of Moderate to Severe <b>Psoriasis</b>
</title>
<link href="hxxp:www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.mycme.com/conversations-in-treatment-of-moderate-to-severe-psoriasis/activity/3920/&ct=ga&cd=CAIyHGEyOGJiMTlmOGMzMzM1ODc6Y28udWs6ZW46R0I&usg=AFQjCNEJQuIx8DP-8RtO6BewQViCJ_43yA"/ [nonactive]>
<published>2016-04-22T18:32:12Z</published>
<updated>2016-04-22T18:32:12Z</updated>
<content type="html">
Opening with patient stories of their <b>psoriasis</b> burden, a set of compelling presentations will focus on helping dermatologists stay up-to-date with the&nbsp;...
</content>
<author>
<name/>
</author>
</entry>

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

vbgamer45

Do you have a link to a post where this happens on
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

snowy_1971

Hi VBgamer45,

You can view the page at hxxp:www.psoriasis-help.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=14.0 [nonactive]

Thanks in advance for looking.

John

vbgamer45

Saw that worked and one that didn't. Can post the rss feeds that you use for that board.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

snowy_1971

It is

hxxp:www.google.com/alerts/feeds/08165373219290797405/15146823727046691509 [nonactive]

theraider

Quote from: theraider on April 13, 2016, 06:57:01 AM
hi!

I tried to setup this mod on my board but it's showing wrong characters..

example: "Dragões sofreram, em Paços de Ferreira, a 13ª derrota da temporada."

how can I fix it?

Anyone?

engrz

Hello

i want to know about this mod that is it legal to use? or is there any effect of using this mod on seo or google ranking?

Wellwisher

Quote from: engrz on May 02, 2016, 03:01:41 AM
Hello

i want to know about this mod that is it legal to use? or is there any effect of using this mod on seo or google ranking?

By using rss auto-posting, you're basically aggregating (duplicating) content so the more you use this, without adding custom "value" i.e your own original content to the mix, the more likelyhood google will keep pushing you down the ranks. Google is all about original content. Those of whom publish this, usually do better than copycats in rankings.

So it's legal, many sites have this feature but it's always an internal feature for members to use to keep upto date on news etc.

nend

Another use of this modification is link building for SEO purposes.

If you run more than one site you can point this at the RSS of the other site to help out with inbound links.

Since most RSS feeds have there descriptions cut off, your not entirely copying the content and once users start replying your page content now differs from the source. Think of it like quoting a site.

Just don't get carried away, that may impact SEO.

JF3000

So I tried using this with youtube and when it posts the link its all messed up and posts the link as http:///

JF3000

How do I go about getting extra features added to this mod and paying for them?

vbgamer45

Post in the help wanted forum. At this time I am not taking any SMF projects.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

zapiy

I am using this mod but the members i associate to the feed were reset to zero posts and staying on zero posts.

Any help please?
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

vbgamer45

Make sure you check the update posts option if you want to increase their post count for the mod on new post

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

zapiy

Thanks for the reply, where is that option as I can not see it??
www.consoleplanet.co.uk

vbgamer45

I think it does it by default.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

zapiy

Still got the issue and cant see an option to enable or disable post increase??
www.consoleplanet.co.uk

vbgamer45

It should auto do it. Unless the board doesn't count posts.
The member must exist.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

chrishicks

I've had this same post count problem for months. I never could figure out why the count never increased.

late98

my source link doesnt work, just shows this link about:blank
and a empty page

Advertisement: