News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grej

Thanks, now the error is gone but now the mod is not posting from the feed. Probably because it's giving me this error:

Over Quota This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again later.

Here's the sanitized link: http://feedsanitizer.appspot.com/sanitize?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fvideos%2Fnew%2F.rss&format=rss

Kindred

Actually, no...  Because each RSS feed is dozens of requests in and of itself,
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

meylodie

Hi,

I just installed the mod, in SMF 2.0.8, and I get this error once I have finished creating the first feed: "XML error: Undeclared entity error at line 9".

This is the forum:
http://forum.linuxvillage.org

How can I fix the error?

Thanks

vbgamer45

You have to clean the feed. Check a couple posts back there should be some one with the same issue.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

GrahamNR17

Now first let me apologise, I'm starting to go cross-eyed trying to search my problem  :-\ If it's been covered and I somehow missed it, then I'd welcome being pointed to the right place (145 pages was an awful lot to trawl through!)

I've been using SMF2 for some years, and I'm pretty thrilled that I rarely had to seek help  8) Which means you guys are great, but it makes me look good  :laugh:

So anyway, I added this mod today so that I can drag an RSS feed to a section on my forum (2.09) which basically contains my classified ads of junk I sell to fund the forum. I set up the feed settings to post into a section only I can see by way of a test.

It went ok, and other than the images not embedding, all the stuff was there as expected.

I then edited the feed to display in another part of the forum, but nothing happened. I double-checked the permissions of the board and they are fine, publicly visible with post permissions set at the minimum, ie normal members.

I figured it was somehow cached, so I uninstalled and deleted the mod and dropped the two tables I figured are holding the data, ie the Feedbot ones. Then I re-installed the mod, and added the feed as before.

But nothing shows up.

Could someone please do the online equivalent of slapping me with a large wet fish if I have missed something out, or suggest where I might find a log or somesuch that might hint at the problem?

With gratitude,
Graham

Biology Forums

I experience the same thing, which is what makes the mod so hard to test and customize to your liking. Where are these logs stored if deleting the rows associated with the topics added still won't show up after activating cronrss manually.

debbby

Hi, to you feeds from Facebook pages work? To me not..

vbgamer45

Do you have an example field that' isn't working?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

debbby

For example this feed: https: hxxp:www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=rss20&id=138035029010 [nonactive]

(without space between : and // )

I don't receive new posts with rss :(

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

debbby

Quote from: luuuciano on November 07, 2014, 01:44:26 PM
No idea... but, have you tried "sanitizing" it?
hxxp:feedsanitizer.appspot.com/ [nonactive]

Hi, thank you, now it seems work without problems! Now I have to sanitize 500-1000 links :S

Why with normal link doesn't work? is it for rss20&id ? or not good feed rss of Facebook? :(

luuuciano

The problem is the rss content (it is not valid, etc), not the url... ask facebook to fix it, lol

BTW, why you have so many feeds? what is the idea/use you have?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

SHome

Great mod but I have two small requests for the next version.
Is it possible to have the mod increment the post count when associating the feed being posted with an actual user account?
Right now, it does not increment which can confuse certain users looking at that user's profile.

The other request is to have an option to disable the source link from being posted for specific feeds as one feed that i'm using already has the source URL embedded in the message body.

Thanks

Hope you don't mind me requesting a feature but have the option for a feed to post to a specified thread as a reply

.::.

vbgamer45

That might be possible just would have to add another setting to it for topic id.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Nirose

Hi,

I've got this installed and configured feed correctly but the posting only posts 10 items a day no matter how many items the feed has. and only at a specific time. I've set the task to run every hour and also have a cron running. but none of the option is about to get the new items after it's reached 10 items.

The feed is working and it's sanitized. I can access it on the browser perfectly and I've set the feed to grab 5 items at a time.

I have set cpanel to send me emails on cron runs and I've been getting "Feed Cron Finished" but no more than 10 posts in a day.

I'd like to know what's limiting the posts?

Thanks

saboti

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I can't get it to work in my Forum.
The Installation worked without any Errors.
I can add a Feed and it will pull some Items from the RSS Feed. But it doesn't Update.
I have set up a Cronjob: */2 * * * * wget -O - -q -t 1 http://domain.com/cronrss.php
I  have also checked Use fake Cron jobs. and lowered the Scheduled Tasks "Update RSS Feed Poster bots" to 2 Minutes.
Even after i manually run the Scheduled Tasks or execute the php (Feed Cron Finished) it doesn't post any new Topics :-(
Any suggestions?

Regards Saboti

vbgamer45

What's the feed url?
And is it enabled under feed settings

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

saboti

Hi vbgamer45,

the Feed URL is: hxxp:pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=257c9a136719c9a394eda4ee6eb558cb&_render=rss [nonactive]
and it's enabled under feed settings.
Since yesterday is has updated 2 new Entry's. But there are many more in the feed.

Is it possible for the source just just put the link instead of putting it inside a title?
eg.
Source: www.site.com/news/abc instead of [url=http://www.site.com/news/abc]The Headline..[/url]
.::.

Advertisement: