News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

You can modify the code to that I believe.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NukeWorker.com

I'm trying to use this mod, but I'm having some troubles with the HTML. (4.1 on SMF 1.1.21)

When I chose "HTML Enabled" it puts the html bbc code before the post as it should, but then it converts all of the 'special characters'

[html]
<table border="0" cellpadding="2"

When I 'disable HTML... it doesnt put the  html bbc code, but the special characters are no longer converted, it is inserted as it should be:

What I need is:

[html]

I also noticed when I save a feed initially, If I chose "enable html",when i click on edit feed, it says that html is disabled.  I check enable it again, then it saves properly.
However it does the opposite if I create a feed initially and I tell it to disable html, when I edit it, it says it was enabled.

Any ideas?

Worldwide7477

Hello everyone, I have a problem on my end which i have been trying to install the package manully which was no problem but when i go to do the sql i get this:

FeedPostersql2.php i'm using install did not say anything on the other sql ?
everything else is in place and ready to go...not worried about the prefix i can change that once its done.

I'm using mysql version 5.5.43 within phpmyadmin, so any help would be great !! :)

vbgamer45

You are copying the php code in mysql sql field wont' work

You need to run this file on it's own copy to root/main directory of your forum then run it via the browser
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Worldwide7477

JTVaughn

Is it possible for the RSS bot to post in a current topic instead of a new topic yet? I think I asked a year or 2 ago and it wasn't available then. Is this something that could ever be added, or is it impossible?

vbgamer45

Not currently in the mod but could be built.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

JTVaughn

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 13, 2015, 11:07:43 AM
Not currently in the mod but could be built.

That would be good. I'd happily donate if it sped up the process.

vbgamer45

That would speed it up. I can get it done today.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

+Added option to run a feed now to pull in the latest updates from the RSS Feed Poster Admin area.
+Added the next time the feed will update
+Feed title now clickable
+Adding to existing topic support made easier.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Gryzor

Ack... just installed, the forum did not report any issues, but now the forum is down... blank page :( turning on PHP debug doesn't help, still getting just a blank page...

JTVaughn

Great, I will test it out later.

One question, probably answered but this is a big thread. How does "Update every x minutes" work in conjuction with the cron job? If the cron is set to update every 1 hour, and the feed is set to update every 360 minutes (for example), does one override the other?

JTVaughn

Has anyone found a fix for the RSS only grabbing old Wordpress posts and ignoring the newest ones? Searched the thread and seen others had the same issue but doesn't seem to be a fix mentioned. For some reason the feed poster is grabbing a Wordpress post from months ago and ignoring the latest 5 posts. I've tried running the feed through Feedburner first, and it still wont import the latest post.

Edit: or is this a problem only with the first time it is run, and it'll grab the latest post next time it updates?

Edit 2: Just tested a YouTube feed and this one also didn't grab the latest video, but a much older one (ignoring at least 5 newer ones)

vbgamer45

Quote from: JTVaughn on September 14, 2015, 03:12:43 AM
Great, I will test it out later.

One question, probably answered but this is a big thread. How does "Update every x minutes" work in conjuction with the cron job? If the cron is set to update every 1 hour, and the feed is set to update every 360 minutes (for example), does one override the other?
The cron job should be set to run as often as possible. Such as every 5 minutes or every minute.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

JTVaughn

Okay so it pulls from the latest page of the RSS, which seems to be 10 entries for most sites, so when you only select to update 5 at a time, it starts from the 10th and works upwards. That's why it's not starting from the most recent posts. Figured that one out.

But two other issues, which I see others have had:

Using this feedburner http://feeds.feedburner.com/Mzptv you can see the feed has images and full post (instead of excerpt), but the feed poster posts this:

Why isn't it showing the images and the full post? And why doesn't it like line breaks?

vbgamer45

I checked that feed
When I view feed url I do not see images and data
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Mzptv?format=xml

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

JTVaughn

When I click that xml link I can see images and the full posts? Confusing

vbgamer45

Odd I am just seeing just text in firefox.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

JTVaughn

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 14, 2015, 10:28:08 AM
Odd I am just seeing just text in firefox.

I have read elsewhere that Firefox doesn't display feeds correctly. If you check in another browser like Chrome you can see how it should look. Maybe this has affected your testing of the mod?

luuuciano

Images are in the "content" field? and this mod use "description"?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Advertisement: