News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF + Gallery + WordPress - Integration and Single Sign On?

Started by neocoolsong, January 18, 2007, 04:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neocoolsong

For my upcoming spiritual portal I am looking for a  basic level of integration of

SMF + Gallery + WordPress

Single Sign On is my top priority for rest I really dont care.

Also, could you please suggest a good software in PHP for (Not Joomla)

1. Article Management
2. Directory

Thanks in advance
My lil place for funny stuff -> www.funsutra.com - Fun, Masti, Jokes, Pics :)

neocoolsong

I just came to know that WordPress offers just one blog...while I thought I can create a website hosting Blogs for all my members.

Any quick help?
My lil place for funny stuff -> www.funsutra.com - Fun, Masti, Jokes, Pics :)

DaDon

RoarinRow

Quote from: raviverm on January 18, 2007, 04:39:53 AM
For my upcoming spiritual portal I am looking for a  basic level of integration of

SMF + Gallery + WordPress

Single Sign On is my top priority for rest I really dont care.

Also, could you please suggest a good software in PHP for (Not Joomla)

1. Article Management
2. Directory

Thanks in advance

What I did was combine SMF + TinyPortal + Coppermine + WordPress here - http://www.avalanchestyle.com/

TinyPortal is a great supplement to SMF for Article Management and Directory, it just depends on how you set it up.

WordPress is my new Home Page with a link to my forum which gets you into SMF/TP.  I did find a cool Coppermine plugin for WordPress so that photo show up in a blog page.  When you click on a picture you can have it either pop up in a separate window or go directly to your gallery.

The only thing I'm looking for is a way for WP and SMF to share the user database.  There is one plugin, but it only works the other way around where if someone signs up WP, it create an account on SMF.   

So, the single sign on is the only remaining factor.  This could be resolved if they just don't log out of either system and with the browsers now you just have to double click in the username field and it will remember your username and password, which just takes a couple of seconds for sign in.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

mpMS

I wanted to do the same thing (Wordpress + SMF), DO you have any update? What I can see is only Joomla and Mambo CMS Bridge.

jjgallow

Advertisement: