Visible Forum Mod

Started by ubermensch, January 24, 2007, 11:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubermensch

This is a request for a fairly simple mod that adds a check box to the Forum options (aka Boards):

Show Forum?

When the box is checked (by default), the forum in question is displayed for everyone who has access to it. If the box  isn't checked, the forum won't be visible, but can still be gotten to via it's URL.

I'm requesting this because I don't like seeing every single forum when I login as an administrator!

Visualcode

I don't know exactly what you are asking for here, but I have mod that sounds similar. My mod adds to the administration section a section where you can list boards to be hidden. These boards can not be seen by anyone, including the admin. However, you may access these boards via link. You can access both the main board page, and each topic within. All this mod does is hide specific boards from all members.

ubermensch

That's exactly what I would like the mod to do, to the letter!

If it works with 1.1 RC3 or higher, could you give me a link?

Visualcode

The mod is not currently approved, but here is the link:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=633

That link will give you information such as how to use the mod.

Here is a download link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/15dd3a/

I suggest with this, and all unapproved mods, that you look through the code (it is short) to verify there is nothing that looks purposefully damaging to your forum.

ubermensch

I'd prefer a checkbox on the Modify Board part, but this does EXACTLY what I want!

Thanks a LOT, brilliant mod!

Visualcode

Well, I agree with you, that would be nice. But, after about 10 minutes of searching for the place to put the check-box, I gave up and decided that it makes just as much sense to put it in the settings location. I am very unfamiliar with SMF, I have only been using it for I think about 2 weeks, coding for it, even less. Also, I have just recently begun working again, so I have lost a lot of time there. Perhaps one of these weekends though, I will take a look again, and see if I can make it a check-box next to the board name.

Advertisement: