News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

extra image (photo) in profile

Started by McNeo2, January 27, 2007, 11:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McNeo2

I think that if user can add to his profile extra photo about himself, would be good idea. Usually avatars are too small. Should be pretty simple add-on?

KGIII

Hmm... There are some interesting alternatives - while you wait to see if this is picked up as a MOD or not - that you can look into. There is a Gallery Lite mod:

SMF Gallery:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=473

The full version may do more - I do not know.

There is Tiny Portal www.tinyportal.net that is, again, containing a gallery function. It is not something I have personally used though I did install TP not too long ago and I have found that the system makes sense and is quite mature seeming. (A good thing as far as OSS goes.)

Another option - and again not one that I have used - is to pound the search option at the top of this page. (Don't enter it directly into the search term - that will mean you only search this particular board - we don't want that.) From there type in coppermine or, if you would like, try gallery. Browse through those posts and you will find you can integrate either with SMF fairly easily I understand.

So, no, this isn't a direct answer to your question so much as it is a way for you to accomplish what it seems (to me) what you are trying to do until such a time as someone opts to create this as a modification.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

Chris™

I don't know if this is what your talking about but. Like on some forum software a personal photo where you can only see when you are viewing their profile? If so yes that would be pretty cool and a great idea.

McNeo2

Quote from: Chris™ on January 28, 2007, 04:04:22 AMLike on some forum software a personal photo where you can only see when you are viewing their profile?
Jep, correct.

QuoteHmm... There are some interesting alternatives - while you wait to see if this is picked up as a MOD or not - that you can look into. There is a Gallery Lite mod:
This Pro version is almost that I want. But I don't need gallery. Well..some young users mabye want to upload many pictures, but just talking about simplicity - one photo in profile is good enough.  

Advertisement: