News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] IPB 1.3.x

Started by JayBachatero, January 28, 2007, 02:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

Quote from: phantomm on February 18, 2012, 08:50:48 AM
convert.php file is added as attachment in this topic (linked in first post): http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0
yep, but IIRC that file is for SMF 1.1.x .. The 2.x version is part of the converter files from the downloads page:
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters

AUser

Quote from: phantomm on February 18, 2012, 08:50:48 AM
convert.php file is added as attachment in this topic (linked in first post): http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0

Sorry but it is not. If you click on the link, you will be taken to a page for the converters for IPB 2.x and not the converter listed in this thread. I need the converter for IPB 1.3. Does anyone know where the correct converter is? The link in the original post in this thread does not help locate it - it goes to a page that lists a converter for IPB 1.3 - clicking on that link, takes you back to this thread - it's an endless loop with no file!

ThorstenE

Quote from: AUser on February 18, 2012, 12:24:45 PM
Sorry but it is not.
Believe me, it is ;) scroll down to the end of that topic, just before the text "« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:52:56 PM by Nibogo »
"

AUser

Okay, I found it but it's not clearly marked (in fact, if you hadn't mentioned it, I would have never known what it was). Now I've got to figure out what to do with it!

AUser

Quote from: TE on February 18, 2012, 12:44:27 PM
Quote from: AUser on February 18, 2012, 12:24:45 PM
Sorry but it is not.
Believe me, it is ;) scroll down to the end of that topic, just before the text "« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:52:56 PM by Nibogo »
"

Thanks, that did it - I would have NEVER found the file otherwise (someone needs to change that thread so that the file can be found). As I mentioned in post above, the link that we're supposed to click on doesn't work. Anyway, I've got things up and running and have already upgraded to SMF 2.0.2

ashkir

I'm trying to use SMF 1.1 but I can't install it because of these errors:

QuoteLine #39: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 13

Ton of those. I am trying t oconvert IPB 1.3 to SMF, but I can't start at sMF 2.0 and the 1.1.x series says this.

ellipsoid

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

Hi! When you try to convert I get the message . What should I do?

captainamerica30

Hello, is the tool still active and is it the better way to migrate from ipb 1.3 to SMF? Thank you

stefroy

Hello everybody
i try to convert my old ipb1.3 forum to smf
i look for a converter scrip
where to find the last version of script ipb1.3 to smf ?
regards

norrie

Hello all,
I appreciate that this thread is over 15 years old. However, I am still in need of some help. I am trying to convert an old IPB 1.3.1 final forum to a current SMF forum. Steps taken so far:
I have chaged the PHP version on cPanel to PHP 7.0
I have installed SMF in a temporary folder called smf2 (when it is all up and running properly, I will move it to its permanent home)
I have copied the convert.php and invision_to_smf.sql files to the root of the public_html/smf2 folder
I have executed convert.php
The configuration screen asks for 5 items of information as follows:
Path to SMF: Set to public_html/smf2
Path to Invision Power Board: Set to public_html/forum
SMF database password: Where do I find this? I can see the automatically generated database username in cPanel. I can change the password (big mistake. Ask me how I know!) but I cannot see the password. Which password goes in this box?
Set SMF's default character set to: ISO8859-1
I have not checked the box to clear the log.

The convert.php script finishes and says completed successfully. However, no data was transferred from the old database to the new one.

Questions:
Where do I find the database password for the smf installation?
Why does the converter not need to know the username which accompanies the aforementioned password?
Why does the converter not need to know the user name and password for the old Invision installation/database?

I appreciate I am asking questions about a very old and very out of date Invision installation. However, it is what it is. Any help or guidance very much appreciated.

Cheers
Norrie

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: norrie on April 06, 2022, 01:57:49 PMWhere do I find the database password for the smf installation?

Hello and welcome to Smf. You can find the password for Smf in the Settings.php file which can be located in the root of your forum folder.

Quote from: norrie on April 06, 2022, 01:57:49 PMWhy does the converter not need to know the username which accompanies the aforementioned password?
Why does the converter not need to know the user name and password for the old Invision installation/database?

Did you install Smf in the same database as that of your Ipb forum? What Smf version did you install?

norrie

Hi Doug,
Thanks very much for getting back to me. Much appreciated.
Quote from: Doug Heffernan on April 06, 2022, 02:36:52 PMYou can find the password for Smf in the Settings.php file which can be located in the root of your forum folder.
I see that now. I tried it in the converter but it made no difference.

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on April 06, 2022, 02:36:52 PMDid you install Smf in the same database as that of your Ipb forum?
My guess is that I did not. During the install, there is an opportunity to configure the database and backups under the "Advanced" section. I tried entering the name of an existing database but the installation script threw an error telling me that the database already exists and to choose a new one. I gave in and accepted the default installation which created a new database automatically. If I was going to add the SMF forum to the existing IPB database, how exactly would I achieve that? I don't recall seeing any options to use an existing database.

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on April 06, 2022, 02:36:52 PMWhat Smf version did you install?
I installed the latest version 2.1.1

Kind regards,
Norrie

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: norrie on April 07, 2022, 03:08:22 AMHi Doug,
Thanks very much for getting back to me. Much appreciated.

You are welcome :)

Quote from: norrie on April 07, 2022, 03:08:22 AMMy guess is that I did not. During the install, there is an opportunity to configure the database and backups under the "Advanced" section. I tried entering the name of an existing database but the installation script threw an error telling me that the database already exists and to choose a new one. I gave in and accepted the default installation which created a new database automatically. If I was going to add the SMF forum to the existing IPB database, how exactly would I achieve that? I don't recall seeing any options to use an existing database.

When you install the smf forum, you can use the database details for the database where you have installed your Ipb forum. Or you can use another database but assign the new database the same user/password of your Ipb forum.

Quote from: norrie on April 07, 2022, 03:08:22 AMI installed the latest version 2.1.1

I noticed that you have a very old version of Ipb and from what I saw at the converters page, the converter did not seem to support Smf 2.1. So you might want to install smf 2.0.19 instead and after the conversion is finished, you can upgrade to smf 2.1.x.

Hope it helps.

norrie

Hi Doug,
Thanks again for your continued support.
Here's what I've done so far:

Downloaded a copy of the 2.0.19 installation files.
Uploaded installation files to new folder on server.
Ran the install from a browser.
Set the database to the old IPB database
Set the database user and password to the old IPB database user and password.
I created an admin user account with password
I entered the database password for the smf database ( same as database password for the old IPB database)

The install finished without issue.
I checked the SMF forum via my browser and it all looked fine.
I checked the database using pHpMyAdmin and I could see all the entries prefixed with smf_

I copied the convert.php and invision_to_smf.sql files to the root of the smf installation (smf folder).
I ran the convert.php from a browser.
I entered the path to the smf forum and the old ipb forum.
I entred the smf database password (same as old IPB database password).
The converter says that everything went fine.

If I look at the smf forum or the database via pHpMyAdmin none of the IPB data has migrated across. Here is a copy of the contents of the error_log:

[07-Apr-2022 13:41:24 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: convert_script in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 987
[07-Apr-2022 13:41:24 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 990
[07-Apr-2022 13:41:24 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: convert_script in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 1002
[07-Apr-2022 13:41:24 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: result in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 2510
[07-Apr-2022 13:41:24 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: result in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 2511
[07-Apr-2022 13:41:24 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 1401
[07-Apr-2022 13:41:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Function name must be a string in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php:1401
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php(1341): doStep2()
#1 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php(51): doStep1()
#2 {main}
  thrown in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 1401

Can I trouble you for some more advice on where to look next?

Kind regards,
Norrie

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: norrie on April 07, 2022, 09:55:29 AMCan I trouble you for some more advice on where to look next?

It is no trouble at all. I am happy to help whenever I can.

Quote from: norrie on April 07, 2022, 09:55:29 AMThe converter says that everything went fine.

So the conversion finished without any errors? Can you log in at your Smf forum, then go to the Maintenance area there and run the Recount all forum totals and statistics? You can run the other tools listed there too.

Regarding those errors, that you lsited, what php version do you have?

P.s. Can you clcik the smf_topics table in the phpmyadmin and post a screenshot of its contents btw?

norrie

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the speedy response.
Quote from: Doug Heffernan on April 07, 2022, 10:16:11 AMSo the conversion finished without any errors?
Correct. Finished with no on-screen errors. The only errors are the ones listed in the error_log.
Quote from: Doug Heffernan on April 07, 2022, 10:16:11 AMrun the Recount all forum totals and statistics?
I can do that but if I look at the database via pHpMyAdmin, I can see that for example there is only one member and one message. Therefore, there is nothing to count. However, I did as you suggested and it made no difference.
Quote from: Doug Heffernan on April 07, 2022, 10:16:11 AMRegarding those errors, that you lsited, what php version do you have?
The original setting for the pHp version was somehting like 4 or 5 (I can't quite recall). SMF would not allow the installation to continue until I met the minimum version. Therefore, I set it to 7.0. I have the choice to go back as far as 5.2 or as new as 8.1 as required.

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on April 07, 2022, 10:16:11 AMCan you clcik the smf_topics table in the phpmyadmin and post a screenshot of its contents btw?
I don't know how to attach an image to this post. I have uploaded a copy of the screenshot to the root of the smf folder but it cannot be seen externally. Is there another way?

Kind regards,
Norrie

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: norrie on April 07, 2022, 11:05:46 AMI can do that but if I look at the database via pHpMyAdmin, I can see that for example there is only one member and one message. Therefore, there is nothing to count. However, I did as you suggested and it made no difference.

Strange. If the converter ran till the end without any errors, the content should have been converted over to the Smf forum in theory.

Quote from: norrie on April 07, 2022, 11:05:46 AMI don't know how to attach an image to this post.

When replying, click the Attachments and other options section and go from there. You have to click the Reply button as the Quick Reply form does not support the upload of attachments. Please see the attached screenshot.

P.s. Can you please make a screenshot of the database as a whole, with all the tables and post it as well?

norrie

Hi Doug,
Please find attached a printout of the tables in the database. The tables span over four pages and are longer than my screen. Therefore a screenshot wouldn't really work.

Update: I see from your screenshot that you have an "Attachment and other options" link below the posting box. However, I do not have that link on my screen. Could it be that I am too new a member to have posting priveleges?

Kind regards,
Norrie

norrie

Sorry, my bad. I now see the difference between a full reply and a quick reply. It wasn't obvious before. PLease find attached a printout of the database tables.
Kind regards,
NorrieYou cannot view this attachment.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: norrie on April 08, 2022, 04:06:29 AMPLease find attached a printout of the database tables.

It was not very clear to me from that pdf if the content was converted to smf or not. Can you click one of these tables in phpmyadmin, smf_members, smf_messages, smf_topics, and make a screesnhot of the inside page, i.e. the content, and post it here?

Advertisement: