News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesley wesley

Hey, I got this installed but my URLs are the same as they were before. Only when I click them do I get redirected to the pretty version. Anyone know why that is? I checked the code and it seems to work to change the URLs is done in ob_sessrewrite function, but this is only called in SSI.php - and thus never on my server. Any ideas what may be wrong? 2.0.7

wesley wesley

any help? I'm using the core theme. Is that not supported?

margarett

Which URLs? Inside the posts or, eg, in the board index?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

wesley wesley

The thread links, board index and specific forum index, anywhere really.

vbgamer45

I belveve some one did the core theme in one of the posts here otherwise you would be on your own editing the files manually.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

moal

Hi there,

I've been using recently PrettyUrls and have already solved some problems, but now I have the following problem and need help.
On my server there are some demo projects to which I linked in the tutorial. The url to such a project, for example, sees like this:
www.meinforum.de/Demos/Slider/
Without PrettyUrls this link was called correctly. With PrettyUrls the link now leads to the board index.
Only when I change the link so:
www.meinforum.de / demos / slider / index.html
it leads to the linked page. I would have to now search my whole forum and add all links of this type to the addition index.html. This can not be intentional.
Note that this involves only forums links with external links it works.

Please help me, otherwise I have to, unfortunately, again separate from this mod.
I use SMF 2.0.7

best regards moal

Sorry for my english, I have to use the google translator because I do not speak english.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fondlyPiranha

Do you have any hint for me why it is no possible to enable this mod in the admin interface

after sending with selected option "Enable URL rewriting"  the settings are closed
opening  that area newly "Enable URL rewriting" is not selected

smf 2.0.6

is possible to enable the extension manually?

thanks for attention

vbgamer45

change it in the database. Maybe cause SMF detects your webserver doesn't support it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Cola-Coca

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible that mode "PrettyURL" works over "lighttpd" or "ngnix". If anyone knows some kind of tutorial (step by step) I prayed to him to put it here. I would be very grateful.

Best regards.
I LOVE SMF

vbgamer45

I sent you a link before. I do not run either platform so not sure how to include it other than that link that shows the changes needed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Cola-Coca

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 16, 2014, 11:20:49 AM
I sent you a link before. I do not run either platform so not sure how to include it other than that link that shows the changes needed.

Yes, you send me a Link before :  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=371631.0
I read the first post on this link but I do not understand how he did it (he not detailed explained).

I LOVE SMF

klra

I have had some database issues with one of my forum installations and am now getting these errors when I try to login-

Notice: Undefined index: pretty_action_array in /home4/*******/public_html/FORUM_NAME/index.php on line 84

Notice: Undefined index: pretty_board_urls in /home4/*******/public_html/FORUM_NAME/index.php on line 85

Should I try running the repair_settings.php file, or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

vbgamer45

Looks like you are missing some code in the index.php file

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

klra

vbgamer45

Check the mod site for manually install instructions and check that all the edits to the index.php file were made.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Cola-Coca

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible that mode "PrettyURL" works over "lighttpd" or "ngnix". If anyone knows some kind of tutorial (step by step) I prayed to him to put it here. I would be very grateful.

Best regards.
I LOVE SMF

klra

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 20, 2014, 12:58:59 PM
Check the mod site for manually install instructions and check that all the edits to the index.php file were made.

Can't seem to find the manual install instructions.

Also, will the reverter completely remove Pretty URLs? Can that run manually?

vbgamer45

You can upload the package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html for manual install instructions

Reverter would yes

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Cola-Coca

Hi,

Best regards.
I LOVE SMF

Advertisement: