Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tectonny

Kindred

unlikely...

and you should not be using SMF 2.1 beta2 on a production site anyway...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

Is it a known issue that when a member's name begins with # and you have pretty profile URLs enabled it says profile does not exist? If it is, is there a fix?

chenpa

Today i installed my SMF forum
How i can know do i have  mod_rewrite and .htaccess files.
If i not have  mod_rewrite and .htaccess files ,how to add them ??
I not find this on google
Tnx

vbgamer45

The mod creates .htaccess files if needed
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

chenpa

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 16, 2015, 11:59:53 AM
The mod creates .htaccess files if needed

I found .htaccess file (i was enabled hidden files) ..but what about mod_rewrite

vbgamer45

Mod_rewrite is part of the apache webserver needs to be enabled.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

chenpa

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 16, 2015, 12:43:01 PM
Mod_rewrite is part of the apache webserver needs to be enabled.

how i enable ??

vbgamer45

Search on bing or  google for help.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: Shuban on August 13, 2015, 12:39:06 AM
Is it a known issue that when a member's name begins with # and you have pretty profile URLs enabled it says profile does not exist? If it is, is there a fix?

Any word?

vbgamer45

No fix for that currently. For now I would rename the member and disallow that character.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lomaalta

I too am having an issue with a double slash.  I have checked both the pretty_root_url AND the forum root - neither have a trailing slash (see attachment).

Funny thing is, it's only causing a problem with the Home link on my main menu, i.e., http://www.mysite.com//index.php and not (apparently) any other links like: http://www.mysite.com/calendar/

Sorry if I am missing something obvious.  Thanks.

Gryzor

Ok guys, a bit of urgent help needed, if anyone can help...

Today we updated our server's OS (Debian) and with it, Apache. I guess that's what caused all this, because after we updated all pages of the forum (save the index) go to 404s. With Apache's update we had to merge the new config, so maybe something broke there. My question is, how can I either disable the PrettyURLs mod through shell or possibly regenerate its cache, if that would help?

Thanks!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gryzor

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gryzor

Oh yes we did :) I didn't know about that wiki, going to thoroughly read it tomorrow!

DarkTexas

Just not working; http://forum.glj-ps2.de/diskussionen-28/

HTTP-Fehler 404.0 - Not Found

- Windows Server - Not working?

Any thoughs?

vbgamer45

If you are running apache on windows requires mod_rewrite

Otherwise iis i believe requires isapi rewrite.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gryzor

Here's an interesting issue that PrettyURLs causes when used with Tapatalk:

As you know Google has started indexing sites to use with apps, so you can open results in said apps on your mobile devices. Tapatalk seems to be inserting a section of code into the pages to do that, with URLs that begin with

<link href="android-app://com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity...

However, PrettyURLs is prepending the base URL of the forum to it, so it becomes
<link href="http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/android-app://com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity/... (that's my forum btw, obviously).

The Tapatalk team has been extremely helpful in guiding me with that and they're trying to implement a workaround, but I thought I'd mention it here so that maybe PrettyURLs can be updated to prevent that problem?

Thanks!

Advertisement: