News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apadong.net

hello there, i'm trying to install this mod to localhost. i'm using SMF 1.1.7 with my own theme. this what happen when i'm trying to access my forum on localhost after it:
QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
:(

anyone can help me??

locau

Quote from: apadong.net on January 24, 2009, 05:07:01 AM
hello there, i'm trying to install this mod to localhost. i'm using SMF 1.1.7 with my own theme. this what happen when i'm trying to access my forum on localhost after it:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

anyone can help me??

it seems something related to the .htaccess

locau

btw how can i change a given url name by pretty urls to something else ?

from www.domain.com/xtest to www.domain.com/test ?

The ideia is to create next a link to the user profile like www.domain.com/test/<username>

apadong.net

Quote from: locau on January 24, 2009, 06:09:42 AM
it seems something related to the .htaccess
here's inside my .htaccess:

# Pretty URLs mod
# http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
# .htaccess file generated automatically on: January 24, 2009, 16:52

RewriteEngine on

# Rules for: actions
RewriteRule ^(activate|admin|announce|ban|boardrecount|buddy|calendar|cleanperms)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(collapse|convertentities|convertutf8|coppa|deletemsg|detailedversion|display|dlattach)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(dumpdb|editpoll|editpoll2|featuresettings|featuresettings2|findmember|help|helpadmin)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(im|jsoption|jsmodify|lock|lockVoting|login|login2|logout)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(maintain|manageattachments|manageboards|managecalendar|managesearch|markasread|membergroups|mergetopics)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(mlist|modifycat|modifykarma|modlog|movetopic|movetopic2|news|notify)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(notifyboard|optimizetables|packageget|packages|permissions|pgdownload|pm|post)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(post2|postsettings|printpage|profile|profile2|quotefast|quickmod|quickmod2)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(recent|regcenter|register|register2|reminder|removetopic2|removeoldtopics2|removepoll)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(repairboards|reporttm|reports|requestmembers|search|search2|sendtopic|serversettings)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(serversettings2|smileys|smstats|spellcheck|splittopics|stats|sticky|theme)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(trackip|admod|about:mozilla|about:unknown|unread|unreadreplies|viewErrorLog|viewmembers)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(viewprofile|verificationcode|vote|viewquery|who|\.xml|tpadmin|forum)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(tpmod)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

so, where's the problem?

asmith

Hi,

Dannii I installed this mod on another site. Which had nneonneo's shoutbox ruuning fine. Now when I open up a page, shoutbox loads fine, but 3, 4 seconds after the page is loaded, it gives me :

Fatal error: ob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /home/site/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2656

I searched this topic and I found one guy asking about this, and you refer him to do some changes in the  change.xml file, which I can't find it.

Any idea?

freworld

Hi danni
i tried asking at dev.eldacar link but seem it not working!So posting here!

Petty url is doing fine overall till now
But there is a PROBLEM
A specific Topic link  in my board is not working .  It just redirects to my hosts  page with ads.
i remember i changed the Topic heading while trying to change its url. May be that caused it to go off.

I tried that help by you regarding truncate query for flushing url table .
& the ran maintanence. Now that topic url is changed to topic name but thread not appearing.

Seems like tht topic link has broken something in database.
Kindly guide how can i fix a thread link as its a good thread with some helping info for members.
Even if you think, its no due to pretty url's, help will be really helpful!

Regards

L'AltroWeb

@danny:
I've this error in phpstats:
QUERY:
SELECT titlePage FROM php_stats_pages WHERE data='http://darkwolf.altervista.org/forum/modemrouter/guida-all'uso-di-ciclamab/' LIMIT 1

MySql ERROR:
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'uso-di-ciclamab/' LIMIT 1' at line 1
how i can remove ' from url?
-
Edit: ok i've applied this fix: //"\x12" => array ("'", '"'),
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg1582472#msg1582472

And now phpstats rework fine :)
Can you confirm this fix for rel 0.9?

ysf1903

I have installed pretty url 0.9. I am using SMF 1.1.7.  Everything is ok but When i changed category name or topic name, url isnt changing.  Its old url.  What can i do ?

bigboss2

Quote from: ysf1903 on January 25, 2009, 06:31:02 PM
I have installed pretty url 0.9. I am using SMF 1.1.7.  Everything is ok but When i changed category name or topic name, url isnt changing.  Its old url.  What can i do ?

Not sure but doing maintaince in the pretty url could solve the problem.  ;)

bigboss2

Quote from: bigboss2 on January 24, 2009, 12:10:16 AM
I am having problem with my rss feeds. My site url is http://www.cricket-highlights.com/index.php [nofollow] Can anyone tell me why links in feeds are not working correctly.

Can anyone help me. I have lot of feedburner subscriber and all getting wrong urls....

thegiftedhands

after installing the pretty url my site gets a 404 not found error.

the site opens first to the homepage but if you try clicking on any topic it brings the error.

what can i do please

locau

either your host doesn't support url rewrite or mess up the install :p

thegiftedhands

Quote from: locau on January 26, 2009, 04:05:57 AM
either your host doesn't support url rewrite or mess up the install :p

please what do i do!!!

my site is not working and i mistakenly deleted the pretty url mod from my admin before the whole problem started.

How do i just get my site working please. 

ysf1903

Quote from: bigboss2 on January 25, 2009, 09:38:22 PM

Not sure but doing maintaince in the pretty url could solve the problem.  ;)

Yes I did it but , Problem still continue

Dannii

Quote from: CueBurn on January 20, 2009, 06:32:40 PM
Thank you!  I've removed the line and managed to create a "tar.gz" file to then reinstall.  It's still not recognising links with a "!" at the end though (of which there are a lot on my forum!)...  I think there were some tables or something that needed to be removed too?  If it's not too much trouble would you mind letting me know what the next step is please?  I'm not a whizz at coding but I try!  Cheers  :D
Ahh, if you want to get rid of them for old topics too... well with phpMyAdmin empty both of the smf_pretty_urls_cache and smf_pretty_topic_urls tables.

Quote from: lobo777 on January 20, 2009, 08:00:11 PM
Hey, I have enjoyed using this mod - definitely cleans things up a lot for the members.  Until recently I had been running it - I am now having a pretty big issue.

So I have been trying to do some canonical changes in my urls from non-www to www only so I disabled and uninstalled the mod.  I later turned it back on after changing everything back in my .htaccess file and it works fine for the most part... HOWEVER,  now when a member is logged in at the Index level, everythings great - when they go to a board or topic, it immediately shows that a member is no longer logged in.  If I hit the home/forum button it goes back to the index and shows as being logged in again!

I have disabled it for now and everything is ok with the members staying logged in, so I'm assuming it is something with what I did with pretty url earlier.  Any ideas?
Check your cookie settings, so that they'll work with all subdomains.

Quote from: lobo777 on January 20, 2009, 08:12:36 PM
You know, I just noticed that it states that it uses the user name not the display name... is this perhaps the problem, since the account that I am using has a different username than the display name?
That shouldn't matter.

Quote from: JoshieDaMan on January 20, 2009, 11:32:27 PM
The url is with www and as well without www. But most used is www.

EDIT: Won't let me even go to /blog where the wordpress is, and others.
Make this change to PrettyUrls-Filters.php:
Code (find) Select
            if (in_array($matches[2], $context['pretty']['action_array']))
Code (replace) Select
            if (in_array($matches[2], $context['pretty']['action_array']) && $matches[2] != 'chat' && $matches[2] != 'blog')

Quote from: Dark-Wolf on January 21, 2009, 09:23:20 AM
From my precedent post.
Footer Info like this:
Page created in 0.22 seconds with 13 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.024s, 1q)
-
New question:
I've update Subs-PrettyUrls.php with this:   //   Build the new .htaccess file
   $htaccess = '#   Pretty URLs mod
#   http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
#   .htaccess file generated automatically on: ' . date('F j, Y, G:i') . '
#    MOD by DarkWolf

# Favicon
AddType image/x-icon .ico

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /forum

#   Rules for: guestbook
RewriteRule ^guestbook/$ /forum/index.php?action=guestbook [L,QSA]

#   Rules for: rules
RewriteRule ^regolamento/$ /forum/index.php?action=rules [L,QSA]

#   Rules for: sitemap
RewriteRule ^sitemap-php/$ /forum/index.php?action=sitemap [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^smf_sitemap.xml$ /forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml [L,QSA]

#   Rules for: rss
RewriteRule ^rss/$ /forum/.xml/?type=rss [L,QSA]';

for some personal rules to the top of htaccess.
How i can edit to put other rules to the bottom?
For Add an Apache Error Handler to SMF  ???
Just add something to $htaccess before    //   Output the file

Quote from: mark7144 on January 22, 2009, 08:54:39 AM
Dannii: For a future version, are you planning on making it easier for admins to change the URL of a topic?

I often rename topics and would love to be able to change the URL along with that but at the moment it involves going into the database.
Yes I do, though honestly I don't know how long it will take. I'm very busy with uni and personal life issues.

Quote from: krick on January 22, 2009, 01:11:57 PM
I'm trying to install Pretty URLs 0.9 on SMF 1.1.7 and I get this error in the package manager.  I've tried all the standard fixes like manually creating the temp directory and setting the permissions to 777.  Any ideas on how to get it installed?...

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    SMF1-1/Sources.xml    Modification parse error
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    SMF1-1/BoardsAndTopics.xml    Modification parse error
4.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
5.    Execute Modification    SMF1-1/Themes.xml    Modification parse error
6.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    Skipping file
10.    Extract File    ./Sources/PrettyUrls.php   
11.    Extract File    ./Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php   
12.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-PrettyUrls.php   
13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/PrettyUrls.template.php   
14.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/pretty   
15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/PrettyUrls.english.php   
16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/PrettyUrls.french.php   
17.    Execute Code    SMF1-1/install.php

UPDATE:  Examining the issue further, it appears that $sourcedir in the installation files is not resolving to the correct directory.  Here's a sample message from the error log...

2: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/PrettyUrls.english.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/tankadin.com/httpdocs:/tmp)
File: /var/www/vhosts/tankadin.com/httpdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 327
Try extracting all of the files from the package into the temp folder yourself. If that doesn't work, please ask for help in the support forums, I don't have time to deal with package manager issues as well as mod issues sorry!

Quote from: Jordy3738 on January 23, 2009, 03:59:13 PM
Just curious,  is it possible to get phone suppot from sone one to walk me through the process of how to get my forum operating again?

I installed the Pretty URLs modification and my forum just shows an error message now.
http://guitaradvertisingforum.com

Thanks, Jordy
No, though it looks like a simple problem. I would guess that the mod was installed twice.

Quote from: locau on January 24, 2009, 04:35:58 AM
hello there,

after the upgrade i have an error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in www/forum/Sources/QueryString.php on line 217

i've uninstalled the old version and installed after the new version (0.9), the install process gaive me an error on "querystring.php" so i think all changes on that file weren't made so i did them manualy according to the parse code.

The new code changes a bit here so i don't know if it will make any difference :

old -> $_REQUEST['board'] = str_replace(array(''', '\'), array("", ''), $_REQUEST['board']);
new -> $_REQUEST['board'] = str_replace(array(''', '\'), array("", ''), $_REQUEST['board']);

How can i fix this pls ?

Are you able to try reinstalling the mod again, but first using a fresh QueryString.php from the smf install package?

Quote from: apadong.net on January 24, 2009, 05:07:01 AM

anyone can help me??
Have you set it up to allow mod_rewrite and .htaccess? Did you check the server log like it suggested?

Quote from: locau on January 24, 2009, 06:12:56 AM

The ideia is to create next a link to the user profile like www.domain.com/test/<username>
I don't understand what you're suggesting sorry.

Quote from: asmith on January 24, 2009, 09:33:25 AM
Hi,

Dannii I installed this mod on another site. Which had nneonneo's shoutbox ruuning fine. Now when I open up a page, shoutbox loads fine, but 3, 4 seconds after the page is loaded, it gives me :

Fatal error: ob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /home/site/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2656

I searched this topic and I found one guy asking about this, and you refer him to do some changes in the  change.xml file, which I can't find it.

Any idea?
Please post lines 2650-2660.

Quote from: freworld on January 24, 2009, 12:28:16 PM
Hi danni
i tried asking at dev.eldacar link but seem it not working!So posting here!

Petty url is doing fine overall till now
But there is a PROBLEM
A specific Topic link  in my board is not working .  It just redirects to my hosts  page with ads.
i remember i changed the Topic heading while trying to change its url. May be that caused it to go off.

I tried that help by you regarding truncate query for flushing url table .
& the ran maintanence. Now that topic url is changed to topic name but thread not appearing.

Seems like tht topic link has broken something in database.
Kindly guide how can i fix a thread link as its a good thread with some helping info for members.
Even if you think, its no due to pretty url's, help will be really helpful!

Regards

Can you give me the actual links that are broken? I can't help you otherwise.

Quote from: Dark-Wolf on January 24, 2009, 04:44:36 PM
@danny:
I've this error in phpstats:
QUERY:
SELECT titlePage FROM php_stats_pages WHERE data='http://darkwolf.altervista.org/forum/modemrouter/guida-all'uso-di-ciclamab/' LIMIT 1

MySql ERROR:
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'uso-di-ciclamab/' LIMIT 1' at line 1
how i can remove ' from url?
-
Edit: ok i've applied this fix:       //""   =>   array ("'", '"'),
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg1582472#msg1582472

And now phpstats rework fine :)
Can you confirm this fix for rel 0.9?
It's a problem with phpstats, not this mod. 's are fine in URLs.

That's by design because Cool URLs don't change

Quote from: bigboss2 on January 26, 2009, 02:32:22 AM
Quote from: bigboss2 on January 24, 2009, 12:10:16 AM
I am having problem with my rss feeds. My site url is http://www.cricket-highlights.com/index.php Can anyone tell me why links in feeds are not working correctly.

Can anyone help me. I have lot of feedburner subscriber and all getting wrong urls....
Your forum's feeds look fine to me. If your feedburner subscribers are having problems... well did you update the URL in feedburner?

Quote from: thegiftedhands on January 26, 2009, 03:33:39 AM
after installing the pretty url my site gets a 404 not found error.

the site opens first to the homepage but if you try clicking on any topic it brings the error.

what can i do please
http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting
Follow the first section to disable the mod. Then double check that your server supports everything required.

Quote from: sbmcos on January 26, 2009, 05:46:38 AM
guys, help me

i installed the p-url mod on 1.1.7
the mod is working fine, all urls are also fine

but the attachments have some issue,
when i try to open an attached image, it asks me to download it ( all formats)
earlier it use to show a thumbnail too, but its gone now

please resolve this

example topic http://forum.soumik-ace.com/news-discussions/smallest-exoplanet-has-1-4-earth-masses/
Are you using 0.9?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

thegiftedhands

"create a new .php file with this code:
<?php
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
updateSettings(array('pretty_enable_filters' => '0'));
?>

Upload the file to the same location as your forum's SSI.php and open it with your web browser. Then don't forget to delete it!"

How do i creat a new .php?

It is in Cpanel?

Please am not good with codes

locau

Quote from: locau on January 24, 2009, 04:35:58 AM

hello there,

after the upgrade i have an error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in www/forum/Sources/QueryString.php on line 217

i've uninstalled the old version and installed after the new version (0.9), the install process gaive me an error on "querystring.php" so i think all changes on that file weren't made so i did them manualy according to the parse code.

The new code changes a bit here so i don't know if it will make any difference :

old -> $_REQUEST['board'] = str_replace(array(''', '\'), array("", ''), $_REQUEST['board']);
    new -> $_REQUEST['board'] = str_replace(array(''', '\'), array("", ''), $_REQUEST['board']);

How can i fix this pls ?

Are you able to try reinstalling the mod again, but first using a fresh QueryString.php from the smf install package?

I can try but will this damage my current smf site / database ?

QuoteQuote from: locau on January 24, 2009, 06:12:56 AM

I don't understand what you're suggesting sorry.

The main ideia is since this is a SEF mod is there any way i can edit or change a given url name
if you notice i remove the "x" from "xtest", some sort of edit option on the listed urls

Dannii

Quote from: thegiftedhands on January 26, 2009, 06:50:09 AM
<?php
?>

Upload the file to the same location as your forum's SSI.php and open it with your web browser. Then don't forget to delete it!"

It is in Cpanel?

Yes you should be able to upload a file with Cpanel. Ask your host for help if you need to.

Quote from: locau on January 26, 2009, 07:12:15 AM
Well isn't it broken at the moment? In any case... no it won't break it.

QuoteThe main ideia is since this is a SEF mod is there any way i can edit or change a given url name
if you notice i remove the "x" from "xtest", some sort of edit option on the listed urls
What is xtest? A board? An action?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

thegiftedhands

Quote from: Dannii on January 26, 2009, 07:42:47 AM
Quote from: thegiftedhands on January 26, 2009, 06:50:09 AM
<?php
?>

It is in Cpanel?

Yes you should be able to upload a file with Cpanel. Ask your host for help if you need to.

Quote from: locau on January 26, 2009, 07:12:15 AM
Well isn't it broken at the moment? In any case... no it won't break it.

QuoteThe main ideia is since this is a SEF mod is there any way i can edit or change a given url name
    from hxxp:www.domain.com/xtest [nonactive] to hxxp:www.domain.com/test [nonactive] ?
What is xtest? A board? An action?

i created a .php file (NEW.php) in the same location as SSI.php. I clicked to edit it and pasted the code. But its still not working.

What do i need to do?

The point is i have two SSI.php
One in the Public_html and the other in Pubic_html/forum.

Kindly give me direction, i'll find my way through

thegiftedhands

Upload the file to the same location as your forum's SSI.php and open it with your web browser.

which file am i to open with my web browser?
Is the code supposed to change the settings on my site?

www.orita-meta.com
Please check it out.

I really need to get this site back paid for some ads in local newspapers and magazines in my Country Nigeria and the ads will be displayed by Tuesday morning.

Besides losing money, the irritation guest will get upon visiting the site is driving me nuts.

Help me please

Advertisement: