Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Possibly keeping the rewrites (or some of them) in memory instead of querying the db?

SergeantAsh

Quote from: Gryzor on December 14, 2014, 04:52:22 AM
Possibly keeping the rewrites (or some of them) in memory instead of querying the db?

Ah ok, so probably best to retain in DB to keep PHP memory at a minimum.
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

Gryzor

It'd be good to have an answer from the dev; I don't think it would cache everything, possibly only the newest URLs or the recently accessed ones?

vbgamer45

There is a setting for that in pretty urls that I remember
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Gryzor

Just checked my installation, I don't see an option... I mean, the cache vs DB is there but nothing else to explain or give a hint.

This, however,may give some hints.

Stanyy

How do I change the 'pretty url' of an action?
For example, I have an action www.mysite.com/index.php?action=beer which is rewritten by prettyurls to www.mysite.com/beer/
How do I change the rewritten url to www.mysite.com/juice/

Kindred

why would you use juice, if the action = beer?  just name the action "juice" in the first place!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Stanyy

Quote from: Kindred on December 16, 2014, 02:47:04 PM
why would you use juice, if the action = beer?  just name the action "juice" in the first place!

I didn't create the action, a mod did. I used to run a forum competition manually in the past, but now i installed a mod which makes the work easier.
I just want to change the 'pretty url' to the name my members are used to.

Kindred

I'm sure vbgamer can comment... but I don't think that you can do it, since the basis for most of the "pretty urls" designs is pattern matching.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SeeingBlue

Hello, I am trying to install Pretty URLs 1.1.2 on SMF 2.0.9.
I recently changed directories of SMF from /smf to /
Everything works fine. I've ran repair_settings.php
When I start to enable pretty urls rewriting it ask me to verify the links are correct and they are not. They still represent my old directory.
I've deleted .htaccess
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pretty URLs but each time I go to enable rewrite the example URL are wrong, they still use the /smf directory and I do not know where it's getting this information from.
Can someone advise?

Thank you.

Stanyy

Quote from: Kindred on December 16, 2014, 03:55:37 PM
I'm sure vbgamer can comment... but I don't think that you can do it, since the basis for most of the "pretty urls" designs is pattern matching.
The hard way may be to change the action name of the mod itself (something I was trying to avoid). But I am worried as to whether the current name may already have records in the database. I looked it up in the wiki and saw something about 'integration hooks'.. all that stuff is foreign to me :(

vbgamer45

Quote from: SeeingBlue on December 17, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
When I start to enable pretty urls rewriting it ask me to verify the links are correct and they are not. They still represent my old directory.
I've deleted .htaccess
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pretty URLs but each time I go to enable rewrite the example URL are wrong, they still use the /smf directory and I do not know where it's getting this information from.
Can someone advise?

Thank you.
https://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting

Quote from: Stanyy on December 17, 2014, 04:35:18 PM
The hard way may be to change the action name of the mod itself (something I was trying to avoid). But I am worried as to whether the current name may already have records in the database. I looked it up in the wiki and saw something about 'integration hooks'.. all that stuff is foreign to me :(
I would try first editing it in the index.php hopeflly if it is listed there...And just duplicate the code for beer but change 'beer' to 'juice' and see if it works with the juice url after making the change.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SeeingBlue

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 18, 2014, 08:53:39 AM
Quote from: SeeingBlue on December 17, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
I've deleted .htaccess
Can someone advise?

Thank you.
https://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting

Quote from: Stanyy on December 17, 2014, 04:35:18 PM
I would try first editing it in the index.php hopeflly if it is listed there...And just duplicate the code for beer but change 'beer' to 'juice' and see if it works with the juice url after making the change.

Is there any way to rewrite simpleportal page urls?

vbgamer45

I do not have anything built in for that but you can post on Simpleportal and see if they have done it.  The pretty URLs can be extended a bit and have had other mods do it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SeeingBlue

@vbgamer45 I'm trying to redirect a sub directory(/utb) to a page URL(http://greatarchitect.us/index.php/page,utb.html) but Pretty URLs keeps interfering. I can't even access the sub directory without Pretty URLs redirecting me. Is there anything we can do about this? If not I may just have to do without Pretty URLs.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mossite

Hi,
please can someone help me, my pretty URl is now working, it directs all links to open in Homepage
Thanks
Greatness is Goodness

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mossite

The issue is not in https://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting
i have been using Pretty URL but it just stopped working and direct all links to homepage
please i need help
Greatness is Goodness

vbgamer45

.htaccess file corrupted?

If it just stopped working contact your host and maybe restore a backup?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: