News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MESWEB

Error:
Quoteindex.php?pretty;board=ciekawe-pomysly;topic=najdziwniejszy-zamek-na-swiecie.msg206&PHPSESSID=031dd031d58621c8d786f5ea35d844f0

8: Undefined offset: 0

File: /Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Line: 513

Gatekeeper123

Hi

I upload pretty urls to my forum ... but each time - every post becomes a page to create a forum with an advertising link ?

Although the urls seem to change - every post on the forum and every board is now a page link to create a forum ?

I have no option but to uninstall this plugin

vbgamer45

Those links are not part of this plugin.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Gatekeeper123

I realise that - but they only appear after enabling pretty urls

I'm trrying to get my host to sort it, but may have to give up

19eighties

I am using this mod and I never checked the page load stats, but I just did and found it say this:

Page created in 1.636 seconds with 12 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 1.181s, 3q)

Is it really possible it is more than doubling my page-load times? I thought my site was a bit slow... Any suggestions on how to fix or troubleshoot the issue?

vbgamer45

It does add extra load. I do suggest only doing pretty topics and boards and not actions I do that on my sites.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

19eighties

Is my increased load typical? If I change the settings for actions after the fact, will it screw-up anything?

vbgamer45

It's hard to say. depends if it is on every page or just some pages some of the times.
You should be ok to change settings.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

19eighties

It's pretty consistent for the main index. I turned off actions and there is some improvement, but I still find the added time a bit extreme.

Page created in 0.624 seconds with 12 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.448s, 5q)

vbgamer45

There isn't much that can be done about that or that upgrading to faster server/vps or hosting environment.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pyrhel

Hello everyone,

I'm considering to disable the pretty urls plugin. It works great, no problems at all, but I don't need it anymore and honestly I regret a little bit that I've installed it few years ago.

I have a question about the search engine ranking when disabling it.
My forum is not so big, about 5k users, 6k topics, 100k posts, but well indexed and Google has indexed everything with the pretty urls enabled.
I'm think to disable the rewriting, but not to uninstall the plugin (for now), to be able to handle the "pretty" requests to the forum.

So, I will have an indexed content with pretty urls, but Google will see the SAME content with different urls when the rewriting is disabled. So two issues - Google will detect the "new" content as duplicated and must wait to index and get popularity again. Am I right? Can I disable the rewriting safely without worrying about the SERP position?

Thank you in advance :)

Juan Londoño

Hello community. I watched my SiteMap but I see in this the URLs are unfriendly Any configuration to my SiteMap friendly URLs?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Juan Londoño

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Fisch.666

badbo

Upgraded from 1.1.12 today to 2.9. Tried to install Pretty urls from package manager, that did go over  to well. had to make a few edits manually. After trying for a couple hours to get it to work on windows 2012. All is well. Here are the rewrites for windows if anyone wants them. Might be a few extra in there, I added just enough to make pretty urls to work.
# Rules for: actions
RewriteRule ^(activate|admin|announce|attachapprove|buddy|calendar|clock|collapse)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(coppa|credits|deletemsg|display|dlattach|editpoll|editpoll2|emailuser)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(findmember|groups|help|helpadmin|im|jseditor|jsmodify|jsoption)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(lock|lockvoting|login|login2|logout|markasread|mergetopics|mlist)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(moderate|modifycat|modifykarma|movetopic|movetopic2|notify|notifyboard|openidreturn)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(pm|post|post2|printpage|profile|quotefast|quickmod|quickmod2)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(recent|register|register2|reminder|removepoll|removetopic2|reporttm|requestmembers)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(restoretopic|search|search2|sendtopic|smstats|suggest|spellcheck|splittopics)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(stats|sticky|theme|trackip|about:mozilla|about:unknown|unread|unreadreplies)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(verificationcode|viewprofile|vote|viewquery|viewsmfile|who|\.xml|xmlhttp)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

cloferba

Hi everybody

I've installed Pretty URLs revert but I have the following issue:
1) Old URLs were hxxp:www.domain.com/forum/general-discussions/who-is-alice/ [nonactive]
2) If I set 301 redirection on .htaccess, URLs are redirected to hxxp:www.domain.com/forum/index.php?pretty;board=general-discussion;topic=who-is-alice.0 [nonactive]

However they should be redirected to hxxp:www.domain.com/forum/index.php?topic=10561.0 [nonactive]

This is the content of my .htaccess file:
# PRETTYURLS MOD BEGINS
# Pretty URLs mod
# http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
# .htaccess file generated automatically on: March 24, 2015, 22:56

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /forum

# Rules for: seo4smf
RewriteRule ^(.*)-b([0-9]*)\.([0-9]*)/;(.*) index.php?board=$2.$3;$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-b([0-9]*)\.([0-9]*)/$ index.php?board=$2.$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-b([0-9]*)\.([0-9])$ index.php?board=$2.$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t([0-9]*)\.([0-9]*)\.html;((\?:from|msg|new)[0-9]*);(.*)$ index.php?topic=$2.$4;$6 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t([0-9]*)\.([0-9]*)\.html;((\?:from|msg|new)[0-9]*) index.php?topic=$2.$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t([0-9]*)\.([0-9]*)\.html;(.*)$ index.php?topic=$2.$3;$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t([0-9]*)\.([0-9]*)\.html$ index.php?topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: profiles
RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=profile;user=$1 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

# PRETTYURLS MOD ENDS

What am I doing wrong? Why when URLs are redirected they keep including keywords?

humbleworld

I need help. The pretty url mod was successfully installed in our forum site but there is an extra text at the header or on top of the forum, a plain text, this one: // Pretty URLs mod $txt['pretty_urls'] = 'Pretty URLs';

That line appears in all pages of the forum site. How to remove it?

Kindred

Fix your file modifications.english.php...   the ?> must be the very last thing in thr file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: