News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloferba

Quote from: Kindred on March 25, 2015, 09:19:31 AM
Fix your file modifications.english.php...   the ?> must be the very last thing in thr file
Hi Kindred

Could you please help me with this?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg3801487#msg3801487

Thank you!

humbleworld

Quote from: Kindred on March 25, 2015, 09:19:31 AM
Fix your file modifications.english.php...   the ?> must be the very last thing in thr file

THANK YOU SO MUCH, KINDRED. The problem was fixed by removing that extra line from modifications.english.php

Kindred

cloferba,

I have no clue.  I don't use this mod (and would never bother with it for a variety of reasons)
You'll have to wait for the mod author to respond, since he's probably the best one to offer assistance.

humbleworld,
not sure if you should have REMOVED that line...    just moving the ?> to the end of the file would have worked and would have left the defined text string there...   by removing the defined text string, you are probably going to start seeing errors in your forum error log.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

humbleworld

Kindred,
I did not see any errors in the log after entirely removing that line.

pittu

I am using two themes for my SMF.

Default Curve for most of the boards and different theme for 3 child forums.

While installing the Pretty URLs, I am not seeing this second theme to install it.

Need to install it manually after installing it on Curve?

thnx.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

pittu

So ONLY the files in custom theme 'Themes/theme1/ folder. Right? (actually theme1 is duplicate of Curve)

No need to chane any other? Like 'Source' files.

vbgamer45

If you already installed the mod then the source files were changed already.

For themes if you add new themes afterwords you will need to modify them for manual edits.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pittu

I can copy the needed files to theme1 from Curve?
Because if I install other mods I might be having difficulty installing them if I edit manually.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DionK

Hello, I've been able to edit Subs.php and change the boardindex url from "index.php?action=forum" to "index.php?action=boards", however Pretty URLs is not displaying the url as "mysite.com/boards", rather as "mysite.com/index.php?action=boards".
How do I go about fixing this?

margarett

Not exactly related but...
Quote from: DionK on April 22, 2015, 09:03:21 PM
Hello, I've been able to edit Subs.php and change the boardindex url from "index.php?action=forum" to "index.php?action=boards"
Why would you do this? Pure curiosity ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DionK

Quote from: margarett on April 22, 2015, 09:07:24 PM
Not exactly related but...
Quote from: DionK on April 22, 2015, 09:03:21 PM
Hello, I've been able to edit Subs.php and change the boardindex url from "index.php?action=forum" to "index.php?action=boards"
Why would you do this? Pure curiosity ;)

Basically the site I'm putting together isn't a traditional forum. I just love SMF and it's customisation so I decided to base it off the software. I'm also a huge neat freak and hate urls like "?action=forum" and "?topic=1510.0" etc.
As for wanting "forum" to be changed to "boards", that's simply how I want that page to be referred to as. =)

DionK

I have another issue too. I created a board called "Test" and it showed correctly as mysite.com/test/ [nofollow]. I then deleted it and added a board again called "Test", but now the board url shows as mysite.com/test-70/ [nofollow] which is the id_board, even though there's no other board with the same name in the database. Running the maintenance task does nothing. Why is this happening?

mossite

Can anyone install pretty URL successfully on my forum (paid)
Greatness is Goodness

margarett

Please use the Help Wanted (not for support) board in order to ask for paid support ;)
Be sure to read the sticky topic.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

underc0de

Please, help! in my forum doesn't work correctly when I put https://underc0de.org/foro but works entering with the index.php https://underc0de.org/foro/index.php

Any idea?

regards!

Empire KickAss

I have errors that needs resolving. I have install other things before the pretty URLs. When it's active the broads and topics get's an 404 errors and my Rules page 404, other pages like download home and gallry is all good

This is an error log information  I keep on getting

message8: Undefined index: pretty_bufferusecacheApply/home3/empire/public_html/Themes/default/languages/PrettyUrls.english.php (pretty_settings sub template - eval?)
Line: 84
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

vbgamer45

insert an entry into the smf_settings table
pretty_bufferusecache

And set the value to 0

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Empire KickAss

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 26, 2015, 11:31:10 AM
insert an entry into the smf_settings table
pretty_bufferusecache

And set the value to 0
Help me little more, where do I have the code to change to 0, I don't see smf_settings table
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Advertisement: