News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empire KickAss

Update errors. Some of my topics and broads that I click goes to the login page as if it's in maintenance and as for custom pages that I have gets a 404 or 403 error.

When I uncheck the box to disable Pretty URLs it's all working good and with topics and broads all good. Away to have pretty URLs without this problem
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

roshaoar

Hello,

With 2.0.10 and responsive curve I see the attached screenshot. Should I have a "go!" button on that screen or something?

Fwiw, there's a control in there that I'd like to access - I made a tweak as suggested here to show a full breadcrumb (ie add home above forum) but it's caused an issue on the forum homepage - it shows the wrong title for the domain name home. But:

http://domain/forum/index.php?action=forum - correct breadcrumb
http://domain/forum/index.php - incorrect breadcrumb

So I'd like to have the default forum home link go to index.php?action=forum rather than index.php and looking at https://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/downloads/list this might seem to be a way to accomplish this?

Is there an entry in subs.php that I could try changing instead?

Thank you for your time,

-Johan

DionK

@vbgamer45 Any idea on my issue?

Quote from: DionK on April 23, 2015, 08:25:30 AM
I have another issue too. I created a board called "Test" and it showed correctly as mysite.com/test/ [nofollow]. I then deleted it and added a board again called "Test", but now the board url shows as mysite.com/test-70/ [nofollow] which is the id_board, even though there's no other board with the same name in the database. Running the maintenance task does nothing. Why is this happening?

I searched around and found a few instances of this issue, but no real clear answer to it.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Haven't tested with the responsive mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Empire KickAss on April 27, 2015, 12:49:40 PM
Update errors. Some of my topics and broads that I click goes to the login page as if it's in maintenance and as for custom pages that I have gets a 404 or 403 error.

When I uncheck the box to disable Pretty URLs it's all working good and with topics and broads all good. Away to have pretty URLs without this problem

Weird, I change in under broads and pretty URL, still get a 403 error
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

roshaoar

Quick dumb question - my webslogs are full of thousands and thousands of errors because the directory URLs don't specify a trailing slash. ie:
QuoteFile does not exist: /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/forum/buy-sell, referer: http://extreme-macro.co.uk/forum/buy-sell/testing-exif/
Could you suggest a quick fix - what and which files to change?

many thanks

vbgamer45

Turn off apache error logging for non crtical errors.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

roshaoar

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 30, 2015, 02:47:47 PMTurn off apache error logging for non crtical errors.
Thanks - hosting company won't go for that. Is there a fix in your mod?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

roshaoar

MarkRH

I was messing around and noticed a Pretty URLs link in my ManageBoards section. I then noticed the following in my error log:

Quoteindex.php?pretty;action=admin&area=manageboards;sa=pretty;boardid=5
8: Undefined index: pretty_board_url_title
File: /(path)/Sources/ManageBoards.php

Using version 1.1.2 Pretty URLs in SMG 2.0.10

Mark H.

Topman

I have a set up a re direct to a new sub domain and I get extra red stuff "?pretty;board=...." etc in the displayed URL when a redirect is done:
How is it working for you?
Try this:
http://www.brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/landscaping-and-gardening/watering-a-lawn/

But how can I get rid of the extra bit (you have to click on the browser to see it)
http://forum.brand-newhomes.co.uk/landscaping-and-gardening/watering-a-lawn/?pretty;board=landscaping-and-gardening;topic=watering-a-lawn.0

donchulio

Sometimes the name of a thread is getting changed. Is there a way to update the Pretty URL to match the new name?
Thanks in Advance!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

donchulio

Thanks for the fast reply. You mean the repair_settings.php correct?
Is there a way to implement this in the settings of Pretty URL?

Empire KickAss

I have an Error that still not fixed.

I have some pages/sub pages and redirect page on my site that gets an 403 error, I do have SEO installed (Optimus Brave). With this weird error, when I click on the pages to threads that does work with Pretty URL it logs me off or other-wards it shows that I'm not logged in even that I am if I click on the home page,  When I uncheck the box to disable Pretty URLs it's all working good.

I only started having this problem after I upgraded from 2.0.9  to 2.0.10

outlawsys

Do NOT install this mod if you plan on installing other scripts under the same domain, the changes it makes to your HTACCESS files, makes it difficult/impossible/breaks things. It serves little/no purpose anymore.

You can't install blogs, chat scripts ect on same domain without major work, cause it snatches the URLs and tries to prettiefy them.Installing it on a forum under a folder/sub dir makes a difference, if its on your root, its gonna cause problems, if you install somewhere else WHATEVER.COM/FORUM ect, then probs will be minimum.

Kindred

well, of course...

if you plan to install other things on your site, you should not have SMF in the root anyway.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: