News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

You would use hs5c_settings in your case since that is your db prefix
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Nedano

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 27, 2016, 03:58:48 PM
You would use hs5c_settings in your case since that is your db prefix

Well there isn't the variable "pretty_root_url".

I'm doing that "3. Go to Database and change into "smf_settings" table the variable "pretty_root_url" to https://".

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Nedano

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 27, 2016, 05:02:18 PM
that would work.

Yes but in hs5c_settings table there isn't variable "pretty_root_url".

vbgamer45

you can add one and it may work.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Nedano

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 27, 2016, 05:18:54 PM
you can add one and it may work.

Can you check your variable? I don't know what else put than "https://".

Nedano

Well now I made it work.

Here's instructions if someone has the same problem:

1. Make pretty_root_url.php file with this code:

<?php
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
require_once(
$sourcedir '/Subs-PrettyUrls.php');
updateSettings(array('pretty_root_url' => $boardurl));
pretty_update_filters();
?>

2. Upload the file to the same location as your forum's SSI.php.

3. Open that file with your web browser example mydomain . com / pretty_root_url.php (yes it's only blank white page)

4. Remove that file.

And finish! :)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

arcsales

There is a problem when using cyrillic.
If user uses cyrillic letters and type in his name then in DB things get messy.
Usernames with cyrillic looks like that: Ð'елислав%20Ангелов

All other looks fine but usernames not.

vbgamer45

In the database? Make sure all the pretty urls tables have the same collation/character set as your as you main SMF tables.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

richardwbb

I have a question about the working of this modification, which I find, is a must-have mod.

I'm sorry I did not read 374 pages of posts for it, but feel free to tell me where to start looking if necessary.

The issue I have with Pretty URL's is that I have installed, next to the live forum, a 'tst' forum. So I copy the database to another one, I copy the whole SMF directory to a 'tst' directory, I change in Settings.php the database to 'tst', and I run repair settings.

Everything switches over to the 'tst' urls, besides Pretty URL's.

Not understanding how that is possible, I also needed to install from scratch a SMF forum, then, I installed Pretty URL's, but I kept the existing database named 'tst'.

So I enable URL rewriting, Pretty URL's put's it's data in the two tables it had installed and then I notice, Pretty URL's sticks with the url of the live forum. So I exported the two pretty tables and I replaced all url's to 'tst' [though I noticed it only where the url's that Pretty URL's proposed to check first] And this did not change anything.

So now I'm running a 'tst' forum with Pretty URL's url rewriting disabled, though I would like to know where and how Pretty URL's is able to come up with the live url of the forum, since it does not seem to enquire Settings.php and I expect that it gets this information from the database, however, I am not able to switch over to the 'tst' url.

Can someone explain to me if I did something wrong or where I have to look to be able to switch back and forth similar to the repair_settigns.php way?

If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

richardwbb

Many thanks.

I wasn't aware that in .htaccess there is a link to that page.

QuoteFor a out of the box localhost install, ID 106 is a wonderful solution, for mod_rewrite's inabillity to make a rewritten url [browser takes rewritten url and Apache responds with 404], to set AllowOverride to All instead of none.

And, most helpful was the Troubleshooting wiki [a little hard to find on the code.google];

'Every link causes 404 Not Found errors'
     'Links point to old domain after moving forum'

And another one I don't  see how people where able to run in to; 'Sub-directories can't be opened' -> https://code.google.com/archive/p/prettyurls/wikis/TroubleShooting.wiki

Now it is running everywhere, it is manageable [transportable] and it only requires mod_rewrite.
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

vbgamer45

Glad you have it running.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

leras

hello all...not sure if i'm posting a question in the right place....
just installed prettyutls in latest smf (with simple portal),and all english posts look great....the problem is that i have a Greek section,where we post in greek....
this section's posts do not look right....
a sample is here hxxp:linuxlife.eu/t-t-t-to-o/eite-ti-mmooe-ieie/ [nonactive]

anyone who knows how to fix my broken url's?
thank you all!

vbgamer45

It only accepts certain characters at this time. I think you have to edit the filters to allow greek charactes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

north83

Please, help me.
I installed prettyURL it`s works good, but some problems with linktree (breadcrumbs)
topic  URL looks 
h__p:hxxp:centro-pol.ru/forum/laminat/index.php [nonactive]
how to remove INDEX.PHP, because whis url 404
i need to do h__p:hxxp:centro-pol.ru/forum/laminat/ [nonactive]

At  topic good URL
At Linktree - trouble.

SMF 2.0.12

Sorry for my Bad English  :(

vbgamer45

Do you have other mods installed? if so which ones

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

north83

i delete table cache of pretty and now it`s work!!!  ;D

But now a new problem.
i try to show on Wordpress topics by SSI.php
it works good, and URLs SEF by default, but if i make function as Array (not echo) i get href  not SEF in array
ssi_recentTopics (1, null, null, 'echo')    - SEF urls
$array = ssi_recentTopics (1, null, null, 'array');   - no SEF urls

How to get SEF URLs in Array ?

it`s about this function
http://support.simplemachines.org/function_db/index.php?action=view_function;id=515
Thank you, and sorry for my english.

Leemy

I could use some help. I am migrating my forum from SMF 2.0 to Xenforo. I've had SMF Pretty URLs running for years (it's been great!) but now i need to redirect all threads to their new Xenforo URL. Any guidance in doing this?

So far, I know I need to get the basic URL for new threads. I see smf_pretty_topic_urls and need to join it with the board ID because the URL structure is forum / board name / thread title.

SELECT id_board, smf_pretty_topic_urls.*
FROM smf_topics
join smf_pretty_topic_urlson smf_topics.id_topic = smf_pretty_topic_urls.id_topic

One issue here is when I export, the apostrophes in the board titles are not exported well from phpmyadmin...they show as unreadable cahracters in excel & in the CSV. ideas?

Is there a better guide for migrating? this seems hard (and will not cover individual posts' links, pages 2+, etc)

Thanky ou!

Advertisement: