News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Snitz Forums - 3.4

Started by JayBachatero, February 01, 2007, 08:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

pveatx

I believe I have the latest versions of convert.php and the SQL script. I'm getting the following error however:
Notice: Undefined index: charsets in /home/sl113/public_html/forums/convert.php on line 378

And then later on it killed on:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 'Drive in the Redwoods', '', '', '0', 'We has a great drive through the redwood' at line 251

Which I suppose is caused by incorrect characters in that record... but I'm still checking that.

I do need character set conversion... so any help you can give me much appreciated.

Peter

86atc250r

I had to use Sleepy's converter to get away from an 'm_sig' error when converting.   My forum converted successfully and everything appears to be working, but with one big problem --- topics with 0 replies did not come across.

I assume this is due to Snitz not making an entry in the reply table when a topic is posted, only when it is replied to.  Anyone have a fix?    This is the only thing left preventing me from removing one more snitz board from the www....

SleePy

Does snitz in the forum topics table track now many replies to a topic?

I can't see a way around that easily (maybe I shouldn't be looking at programing when I am very tired) without having that sort of information.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

86atc250r

Yes, in the t_replies column

Below is a list of column names in the topics table:

CAT_ID, FORUM_ID, TOPIC_ID, T_STATUS, T_MAIL, T_SUBJECT, T_MESSAGE, T_AUTHOR, T_REPLIES, T_UREPLIES, T_VIEW_COUNT, T_LAST_POST, T_DATE, T_LAST_POSTER, T_IP, T_LAST_POST_AUTHOR, T_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID, T_ARCHIVE_FLAG, T_LAST_EDIT, T_LAST_EDITBY, T_STICKY, T_SIG

dno

My issue seems to be different, when I run the converter I get the following:

Converting...
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

this happens in an instant, way to fast for me to think it acutally worked. When I look at the database nothing appears to have changed.

I understand many are using SMF on a Linux box, I intend to run this on a windows machine, my local setup seems to work just fine. Currently I'm just trying to run the conversion on my local machine, later I will move the data to the live site. I will be converting three forums one of which is very active, the other two are moderately active.

I have SMF 1.1.5 installed and working, once for a new site I'm working on starting with SMF no conversion required, another installation is for the first of the three sites to be convertered. A third installation is for testing this conversion process.

My Snitz software is 3.4.03, it has a few mods but I'm assuming the conversion process does not care about any added fields to any of the tables as long as the fields it needs are there.

My main goal is to get the membership moved over and the last few months posts. For now I'm working with a three month old version of the MS-SQL database. Using SQLyog I have migrated the tables and data to a MySQL database. My test conversion setup has both the snitz tables and the smf tables in the same database each forum's tables using a different prefix.

I have looked through a few different threads about the problems others have had and it seems that I should see messages indicated what is being converterted with some indication as to its success or failure. As mentioned above I get a rather quick success message but it does not appear to have worked.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, any thoughts would be apprecitated.
My Forums:
PopUp Explorer [nofollow]
Hybrid Explorer [nofollow]
RV Itch [nofollow]

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

dno

Quote from: dno on August 16, 2008, 06:43:30 PM
My issue seems to be different, when I run the converter I get the following:

Converting...
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

this happens in an instant, way to fast for me to think it acutally worked. When I look at the database nothing appears to have changed.

I understand many are using SMF on a Linux box, I intend to run this on a windows machine, my local setup seems to work just fine. Currently I'm just trying to run the conversion on my local machine, later I will move the data to the live site. I will be converting three forums one of which is very active, the other two are moderately active.

I have SMF 1.1.5 installed and working, once for a new site I'm working on starting with SMF no conversion required, another installation is for the first of the three sites to be convertered. A third installation is for testing this conversion process.

My Snitz software is 3.4.03, it has a few mods but I'm assuming the conversion process does not care about any added fields to any of the tables as long as the fields it needs are there.

My main goal is to get the membership moved over and the last few months posts. For now I'm working with a three month old version of the MS-SQL database. Using SQLyog I have migrated the tables and data to a MySQL database. My test conversion setup has both the snitz tables and the smf tables in the same database each forum's tables using a different prefix.

I have looked through a few different threads about the problems others have had and it seems that I should see messages indicated what is being converterted with some indication as to its success or failure. As mentioned above I get a rather quick success message but it does not appear to have worked.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, any thoughts would be apprecitated.

Any thoughts on how I can get around the problem I'm having?
My Forums:
RV Itch [nofollow]

SleePy

serge06

Hi, I have email problems - forum does not send out some emails. I posted this in the 1.x support with no solutions so far, but then realized since I converted from Snitz 3.4 this might be related. Anyway, my post is at:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257513.0

so if you can help in any way.
Thanks

SleePy

serge06,

If you are having such issues, you would get a faster response by asking in the general English, which I have see you have done :)

The issue is most likely related to a setting and not what was converted.

dno

Quote from: SleePy on August 22, 2008, 12:05:03 PM
Did you read my reply?

Sorry about that, I've been bug-eyed with a ton of projects, but this has moved up to the top of my priority list.

I did look at your link (which I missed for some reason) I thought I had my folders writeable but I will double check it.

I did manage for my initial test to convert things using a more recent version of the converter running on a linux server. I just moved the data from that server to my soon to be live server.

One interesting thing came up. It seemed like everyone that was testing on the conversion server was able to log in without any issue, on the soon to be live server everyone had to reset their passwords. As far as I know I have the correct settings on the live server. The biggest difference is the live server is on windows.

I also tried the converter version 1.1.6 and got an error about a ";" which was expected to be a ")" I'm sorry I don't have the exact error right now but if you need it I will replicate it.
My Forums:
RV Itch [nofollow]

SleePy

The convert files from the 1.1.6 are broke, still working on getting a developer to update the download packages but they are very busy people.

There is a fixed one here.
Updated Converters List & Support Topics

dno

I finally managed to get it converted, although it seemed to drop every occurence of the number one so 10 would be zero and 911 would be nine. Not a big deal the meat got moved and I can live with it. The membership got moved and my members are finding there way over and exploring the new features. Now I'm off to track down a different (non conversion) issue.

Thanks for you help.
My Forums:
RV Itch [nofollow]

bsrweb

Im trying to use the converter - but i get following error :
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Unsuccessful!
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'M_SIG' in 'field list'

what is wrong - no posts is transfered...

ThorstenE

try this:
edit the snitz_to_smf.sql and find:
REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(R_MESSAGE, '\n', ''), '\r', ''), M_SIG, '') AS Rbody,
replace it with:
R_MESSAGE AS Rbody,
the restart the conversion..

ddgsnipe

Quote from: 86atc250r on July 24, 2008, 08:58:28 PM
I had to use Sleepy's converter to get away from an 'm_sig' error when converting.   My forum converted successfully and everything appears to be working, but with one big problem --- topics with 0 replies did not come across.

I assume this is due to Snitz not making an entry in the reply table when a topic is posted, only when it is replied to.  Anyone have a fix?    This is the only thing left preventing me from removing one more snitz board from the www....

I am having this exact same problem. I finally got my access database converted to MySql and got Sleepy's converter to work but all of my topics that do not have a reply do not get converted. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Thanks.

ThorstenE

yes, that's exactly the reason why I updated the snitz_to_smf.sql in the first post from this topic:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=147215.0

ddgsnipe

Thanks TE but when I use that file I get this error.

Converting members... Successful.
Preparing Conversion (part 1)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    REPLY_ID AS old_id_msg, 'msg' AS type, R_DATE AS msg_date, TOPIC_ID AS old_id_topic
    FROM `mivadiva_ddg14IC`.forum_reply
    LIMIT 0, 200;

Caused the error:

Table 'mivadiva_ddg14IC.forum_reply' doesn't exist

I do not get that error with Sleepy's file from this post.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=147215.msg1231855#msg1231855
It works fine except for the zero reply problem. I have looked at the database with phpmyadmin and the table actually does exist and has records in it.

ddgsnipe

I think that I may have solved it. I am new to PHP and MySql so I am not that familiar with the code. It seems that the code is case sensitive so I changed forum_reply to FORUM_REPLY in the snitz_to_smf.sql file from the first post of this topic and everything was converted successfully. This conversion was for my test forum that was not active. Now to see if I can convert my active forum...

Update: I noticed that ALL members accounts converted. Snitz has the ability for the admin to "lock" a members account. It does not delete the account but simply prevents the user from using it. I guess this is similar to the ban feature in SMF. I had some spam accounts that were created that I had locked in Snitz. In my SMF forum all accounts came through and show as active. It is really not a big deal in this case as I only have 7 such accounts and I can simply delete them from the new SMF members list. I just thought that I would share this information since I have seen no other mention of it.

Advertisement: