News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Snitz Forums - 3.4

Started by JayBachatero, February 01, 2007, 08:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laser

Quote from: cuneytsn on June 25, 2007, 11:02:32 AM
Hi all,

I have the same problem exactly. I converted my snitz forum database (was in access) with AccessToMySQL converter. I have a dump file (whole forum including table structure and data). I put this dum file "FORUMDUMP.sql" to my SMF forum directory, and I 'm trying to run convert.php (for snitz). Finally I get an error :
The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect table name 'FORUM_MEMBERS'

I looked around and all of them same advices . Convert to MySQL first !
I did already. Whats wrong ? Any idea
thx,

You can't just upload a SQL file, you need to create the tables in a mySQL database.

I have to do the same procedure soon (I last did it about 6 months ago), so I'll document exactly the steps that I do ... I remember the road was a bit wobbly, but in the end I had a perfect SMF forum, a mirror image of the old Snitz

cuneytsn

That was my mistake. You are absolutely right. After created MySQL database (run SQL commands via PhpAdmin)  I run convert.php

And works perfectly. !
thanks for advices,

OpenIntro

How big was your database that you converted? My Snitz Access DB is about 65Mb with a few mods and while I have created the SQL files, I am having tons of trouble getting them into the database. Errors everywhere!

claudiof

I've tried all .sql and convert.php files and i still have the TposterTime problem.

I can't understand why the hell the script doesnt detect the "keys" arrar :|

merlinux

Quote from: sunflashx on April 26, 2007, 06:57:58 PM
Seems the error is gone but now the conversion process runs for about 7 hours or so and then just stops.  The whole time CPU is at 100% utilization.

The board is medium sized, 692 Members, 133615 posts, 13098 topics.

This is the last line posted to the browser.

Converting posts (this may take some time)...

Throughout the process none of the DB files gain any significant size.

I have same problem... someone can help me?

In attach a browser screen-shot and a db print.

merlinux

Quote from: sunflashx on May 21, 2007, 04:43:40 PM
No.

Help desk ticket #1587 is open regarding the issue.

Where I can read this ticket?

SleePy

You can't read the ticket as it is a private ticket with our help desk. Only the ticket starter and the SMF team can read it.

Is this still to convert from 3.4? or a newer version?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

DonDozone

Hi there,

i ran the converter for my snitz forum and by using these custom converter.php files here, it finally worked. Now i have another problem: the passwords. I tried and looked through these "password conversion"-topics but didn't find anything usefull, since i'm not a very good programmer. The problem is, that i activated the maintance-mode for the SMF-Forum bevor i started the conversion. Since my old adminaccount was deleted during the conversion and the password for my Snitz-adminaccount doesn't work, i have no access to my SMF-forum any more. Is there a pretty simple way to convert my admin's password or to reset it somwhow?

Thanks in advance.

redone

Register a new user by yourself and follow this:

I accidentally deleted my admin account

This will give you admin access for the user you register.

DonDozone

The Problem is, that i can't register a new user, because my forum is in maintenance mode. So i could do the following:
-Delete the SMF
-Install it again
-run the snitz->SMF converter, but this time with the forum not being in maintenance mode
-make all users choose a new password

margarett

Could you access your database via phpmyadmin and delete the password for your actual admin? This way you could have a blank password, that you could change later.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DonDozone

I did this too,but the problem is, when U try to login this way and enter a blank password it says: "The Password-Field is empty."

So it checks, if U type a password and doesn't let U log in with a blank password...

margarett

I see... Well, maybe you can change the password field of the members table to be "plain" instead of "md5". Then you write a password you know...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SleePy

Input a plain text password.

SMF will detect that the password needs upgrading to its security measures it does and ask you to type your password again. once it does it makes sure it is the same then it uses that to rehash it into its style.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

hop_hip

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Unsuccessful!

I was converting members over and i guess it was successful.
But my administrator account was overwritten.  how can i get it back or manual add an admin account.  thanks

JayBachatero

In phpMyAdmin look for your user name and set the ID_GROUP to 1.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Elmacik

Just a comment:
This one doesnt run properly if the database is relatively big.
I converted a Snitz to SMF today, but did lots of work manually.
First, I tried running in my personal computer locally.
It always screws the processor for about 10-20 minutes, then it prints "Converting posts (this may take time...)" but it actually exits the code. Because its trimmed. (For example no continue button)
Then I uploaded to the production server, the same result.
The database was only 20 Megs..

It doesnt continue from where it left. The reason I think; these new convert.php files divide the sum of data into parts proportional to its size. For example divides 1000 messages into 100 parts and inserts the data 100 by 100.
But if the database goes over 10000-20000 posts, it divides to for example 1500 and cant insert it once. Suppose that its 50.000 messages, it will probably lock the server completely.
Home of Elmacik

SleePy

Elmacik,

Try out this one. I modified it for a charter member who had this issue with a large forum.
It also should fix an issue with snitz thinking it was a good idea to do static signatures and insert signatures into messages, resulting in double signatures when viewing the post in SMF.

Elmacik

Thanks SleePy, as I stated above, I already converted it doing the lots of work manually. :)
I also edited snitz_to_smf.sql for some errors, but didnt know signature problem.
But I will try your locally, just to test it and give a report.

And I think converters section must be rearranged. Because there are lots of files attached to posts. Most people will confuse which to use and what to do.

Edit: Seems like yours is working better, SleePy. Didnt give any errors. (Used with a patched convert.php for the common errors.)
Home of Elmacik

Advertisement: