Unable to load the main template

Started by sektor, February 08, 2007, 08:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sektor

I have a custom template on my website.

I am not sure when this started, but if i try to make changes to the configuration (via the bridged forum) i get:

"Unable to load the main template".

This does NOT occur when i make changes directly from SMF (using the same custom theme, or any other theme).

I searched the forum for this error and applied whatever fix was suggested.

ottoman1990

You might change the default template name. Control that if the name is the same the template you use.
smf öğreniyor | learning smf
link: www.cbaalmekan.com
link: www.pansiyon17.com

sektor

My custom template and the default template have a different name

ottoman1990

sektor

oh :)

I just renamed the default theme with the same name as my custom theme, but nothing changed, i am still getting the error.

ottoman1990

Can you give me the link?
And did you fix Theme url, Theme images url?

sektor

i doubt it that this is an SMF or a template issue.

I just switched to the default 1.1.1 theme via the bridged from, and i am still getting the error.
But if i access the forum directly, i have no problem even with my custom template.

I think this started since i upgraded to Bridge 1.1.7, but i am not sure...

Orstio will save the day

Kindred

ottoman,  please don't help like that... you are wrong, and renaming the DEFAULT template to match an existing template can mess things up...

every theme should have a different name.

Al0000, please give us a URL to look at this.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ottoman1990

Quote from: Kindred on February 08, 2007, 08:36:55 AM
ottoman,  please don't help like that... you are wrong, and renaming the DEFAULT template to match an existing template can mess things up...

every theme should have a different name.

Al0000, please give us a URL to look at this.

No I mean that:
The default theme name and the theme folder name al0000 uses must be the same. This is the solving.

Kindred

***NO***

You should NEVER rename the default theme folder!  You should **NEVER** rename the default theme folder to be the name of your custom theme!!!

Ottoman,
this appears to be somehow related to his bridging. Please do not throw random answers out, especially since he has already disproven your point by indicating the his site works fine when directly accessed and onyl bumps when accessed through the bridge.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sektor

ottoman1990

I am realy sorry. I have written DEFAULT THEME but I want to mean CUSTOM THEME. (I can not explain my thougts. Sorry...)

sektor

I temporarily closed my website since things got messed up.

How do i fix this now? :)
Where are the theme's settings located?

sektor

All the administration links have disappeared, that's why i need to know where each theme's settings are located.

Settings.template.php does not include theme name or location/URL

thanx

ottoman1990

sektor

I have fixed my templates.

Kindred, i have included my URL to a PM. I cannot give out the URL to the public.
Thanx

Kindred

understood.

You have fixed your template...   do you still have a problem?   If so, you can discuss any specific remaining issues with me in PM...

BTW: I notice that your sticky icon is missing in the theme you have selected....
Слaва
Украинi

sektor

Unfortunately i didn't catch Kindred online.
If anyone else is willing to help me, please say so.

There are currently three issues that i can't resolve:

1. I get "Unable to load the main template" when i try to make a change in the configuration
2. Polls are not seen for some reason. You CAN open a open, the post will be seen, but it will not include a poll.
3. Moderator reports do not include the user's message

Orstio

Quote1. I get "Unable to load the main template" when i try to make a change in the configuration

Can you copy the URL from this error, and paste it here?  (Edit out the actual URL if you wish, I just need to see the query string).

sektor

Sure,

That is:

component/option,com_smf/Itemid,168/action,featuresettings2/save/sa,basic

sektor

My custom theme is based on the "classic" theme.

maybe this has sth to do with it?

Just trying to help :)

thanx

Orstio

Quoteaction,featuresettings2

Right there is your problem.  Joomla is dropping the query string after the Itemid to lower case.

Is this Joomla from joomla.org, or from a third party language-specific site?

sektor

my joomla is from official from joomla.org

.htaccess is the one i found here on this forum, which works with SMF

Orstio

And you have no third-party SEF component installed?

If you look in your includes folder, there is a file named sef.php.  Can you paste here any lines with "strtolower" in them?

sektor

Quote from: Orstio on February 08, 2007, 07:57:20 PM
And you have no third-party SEF component installed?

If you look in your includes folder, there is a file named sef.php.  Can you paste here any lines with "strtolower" in them?

Nope, no third-party SEF installed.

Sure:

if ($dir !== '.' && $dir !== '..' && is_dir($path .'/'. $dir) && strtolower($dir) !== 'cvs' && strtolower($dir) !== '.svn') {

if( (!empty( $_SERVER['HTTPS'] ) && strtolower( $_SERVER['HTTPS'] ) != 'off' || isset( $http_host[1] ) && $http_host[1] == 443) && substr( $mosConfig_live_site, 0, 8 ) != 'https://' ) {

Orstio

Hmmm....

Somewhere, the query string is being dropped to lower case.

So, the easiest fix is to change it in SMF's index.php:

'featuresettings2' => array('ModSettings.php', 'ModifyFeatureSettings2'),

make sure that "featuresettings2" is all lower case.

sektor

hmm...that's how the line is already, i didn't change it, here it is:

'featuresettings2' => array('ModSettings.php', 'ModifyFeatureSettings2'),

sektor

Also, this does not happen only when editing admin options.

It happens on other locations, for instance on the VisualWarning mod.

I must find out where the code is changed to lower case. (and why only to me?)

sektor

Quote from: al0000 on February 08, 2007, 08:25:58 PM
Also, this does not happen only when editing admin options.

It happens on other locations, for instance on the VisualWarning mod.

I must find out where the code is changed to lower case. (and why only to me?)

Sorry my mistake.

Visualwarning seems to work just fine

sektor

Orstio,

I think found the problem

I have two mods installed:

Custom Profile Fields
Visual Warning Mod

Both of them have edited the SMF's featuresettings file. I know becase i see their options there.

Orstio

OK, is this in your bridge smf.php, on line 230:

$nqsefurl = substr($nonsefurl, 0, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option')) . preg_replace('/(\;)([^=#]*)([#"])/', '$1$2=$2$3', substr($nonsefurl, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option'), strlen($nonsefurl)));

sektor

Yes....this is a copy/paste from my smf.php

$nqsefurl = substr($nonsefurl, 0, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option')) . preg_replace('/(\;)([^=#]*)([#"])/', '$1$2=$2$3', substr($nonsefurl, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option'), strlen($nonsefurl)));

Orstio

What happens if you change it to this?

$nqsefurl = substr($nonsefurl, 0, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option')) . preg_replace('/(\;)([^=#]*)([\;#"])/', '$1$2=$2$3', substr($nonsefurl, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option'), strlen($nonsefurl)));

sektor

Orstio

Yeah, I was wondering if it might break something else?

sektor

sektor

Everything seems to be working fine.

I will however post here, if sth comes up

Thank you.

Orstio

Kindred

interesting...   as a side note, I have the custom profile fields and visual warning mods installed ib two forums, without SEF and the sites work perfectly...
Слaва
Украинi

Oby

I had the same exact problem, thanks for the fix :) For me it worked fine until 1.1.7 as well, but this one line of changed code fixed it.

Alcor

Thanks.

I had this error until this moment in "Layout and options" (in the admin panel), and I fixed replacing this line in smf.php (the Orstio solution)

by

$nqsefurl = substr($nonsefurl, 0, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option')) . preg_replace('/(\;)([^=#]*)([\;#"])/', '$1$2=$2$3', substr($nonsefurl, strpos($nonsefurl, 'option'), strlen($nonsefurl)));

The com_smf version is 1.1.7, I updated it today and this code line isn't fixed.

bmwsport

Where is this SMF.PHP file located, and where is this bridge.smf.php file located?  I can't find these files to edit the lines...

Kindred

in the component directory of mambo
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: