[SMF Converter] IPB 2.0.x

Started by JayBachatero, February 08, 2007, 11:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Software: IPB
Version: 2.0.x

This is the official support topic for IPB 2.0.x converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter. 

Special thanks goes to Sarke for the help in fixing these bugs and testing the converter out.

Changelog
+ Added support for converting user uploaded avatars (invision2_to_smf.sql)
! Regular Expression was chopping the font-size when converting bbc tags. (invision2_to_smf.sql)
! passwordSalt field was being replaced with an empty string causing passwords to be incorrect. (invision_to_smf.sql) [sarke]
! Poll choices were not being converted proeprly. (invision2_to_smf.sql) [sarke]
! Personal Messages were not being converted properly. (invision2_to_smf.sql) [sarke]
! When converting maintenance mode message change \n to <br />. (invision2_to_smf.sql)
! When converting attachments set the width and height for images (invision2_to_smf.sql)

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Craw4x4PH

This might be a stupid question, but I just want to make sure: I have the IPB 2.0.0 (Trial), will the converter work with this?

Thanks.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

Craw4x4PH

Thanks. I hope someone can answer with a 100% guarantee. I'm scared to lose all the data and posts :D

Hixpano

Hi!

I convert successfully my forum to SMF but now I'm not able to login with my account. I use the attached sql file in the 1st post.

Thx for your answers!

Edit: I found. Just delete all cookies...  :)

zerofill

This thing seems to work and it finishes the upgrade...but it isn't importing all my posts...it seems to stop importing anything after like 2005 heh...

Any ideas?

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

zerofill

Well...oldavatar...but that is after the posts are imported and it continues and finishes anyway...
When it is doing the posts the last number I see is 34600...if that is the rows?

There are like 39,000 posts though

JayBachatero

Yes that is an approximate number of rows of posts that have been converted.  What version of IPB are you running?
Follow me on Twitter

InvisibleMan78

This is my 7. attempt to convert my IBP 2.0.0 (trial) to SMF.

Some things are better now:
- Users can now login with same username, but have to "update" the passwords (even with the old one)

But then we have some still not working issues:
1.) The memberships are not converted correct and not one single Board is visible:
QuoteBoard #2 befindet sich in der fehlenden Kategorie #0.
Board #3 befindet sich in der fehlenden Kategorie #0.
Board #4 befindet sich in der fehlenden Kategorie #0.
Board #5 befindet sich in der fehlenden Kategorie #0.
Board #6 befindet sich in der fehlenden Kategorie #0.
Board #7 befindet sich in der fehlenden Kategorie #0.
Board #11 befindet sich in der fehlenden Kategorie #0.
Board 2 hat kein existierendes übergeordnetes Board (übergeordnetes Board: 8 ).
Board 3 hat kein existierendes übergeordnetes Board (übergeordnetes Board: 8 ).
Board 4 hat kein existierendes übergeordnetes Board (übergeordnetes Board: 8 ).
Board 5 hat kein existierendes übergeordnetes Board (übergeordnetes Board: 8 ).
Board 6 hat kein existierendes übergeordnetes Board (übergeordnetes Board: 8 ).
Board 7 hat kein existierendes übergeordnetes Board (übergeordnetes Board: 8 ).
Board 11 hat kein existierendes übergeordnetes Board (übergeordnetes Board: 8 ).
Der Titel des Themas #2 ist momentan nicht im Zwischenspeicher.
Der Titel des Themas #3 ist momentan nicht im Zwischenspeicher.
Das zwischengespeicherte Wort 'SMF' ist mit einem nicht existierenden Thema verknüpft.
In the Maintenance-Menu I have executed the "finding errors and repair it". After that, all the missing Boards appears as wished. Unfortunately, the most top title was converted to "Gerettete Daten" (something like "recovered Data" and "Gerettete Themen" (something like "recovered Topics").

2.) In the single topic, there are still format-issues like:
[span style=\'color:purple\'][span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']wichtige Information:[/span][/span]

3.) Some smilies are converted, some others not, like: :rolleyes:  :lol:  :unsure:  :huh:  <_<

4.) All the avatars (uploaded by users and the default-one from the board) are gone

5.) On the left side, between the numbers of topics and the "show profile"-icon should be a icon for the link "http://www.icq.com/whitepages/about_me.php?uin=0". There is no picture for that.

6.) If more then one attachment was uploaded for a single answer, they appear vertical - I would like to see them on one line (at least 3 or 4 of them) like in IBP.

Is there any hope, that you can fix this issues?

zerofill

No ideas anyone on why it doesn't seem to go past about 34k posts when importing from 2.0.3?

JayBachatero

InvisibleMan78 you are using the .sql file in this topic right?

zerofill It should work with more than 34k posts.  I've converter boards much bigger than that before.  Any errors while converting?
Follow me on Twitter

InvisibleMan78

Sorry for the late reply (was in holiday in a country without I-Net!!  :-X )

Yes, I'm using the .sql-file attached to the first entry in this topic.

FromUA

Hello!
I have the same error with "Undefined variable: oldAvatarDir" when converting from IPB 2.0.x as other users of IPB 2.1.x and 2.2.x in other topics.

Could you help to solve this problem in script for IPB 2.0.x ?

InvisibleMan78

Is there any hope, that we get a solution for our problems ???

JayBachatero

Ummm maybe the 2.0 trial is a bit different than the full version.  I would have to look more into the problem.  At the moment I don't have any time to do so :(.
Follow me on Twitter

sokoll

Hi, convert IBP 2.0.4 to SMF 1.1.6
invision2_to_smf.sql
convert.php

Start -ok!

"Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 3)... Unsuccessful!
This query:
UPDATE (`db_premacy`.smf_personal_messages AS pm, `db_premacy`.ipb_message_topics AS m)
SET pm.deletedBySender = '0'
WHERE hxxp:m.mt [nonactive]_msg_id = hxxp:pm.id [nonactive]_PM
AND hxxp:m.mt [nonactive]_vid_folder = 'sent';
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '(`db_premacy`.smf_personal_messages AS pm, `db_premacy`.ipb_message_topics AS m)' at line 2"

Could You help me?

SleePy

What version of MySQL are you using?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

sokoll

Advertisement: