News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

RPG Inferno....

Started by jkrlvgn, February 11, 2007, 04:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkrlvgn

Hey...is anyone familiar with RPG inferno for vBulletin?

Well, anyway, I know that there is a serious lack of RPG mods for SMF, and so I asked the people who make RPG Inferno if they'd mind someone converting it to SMF.

They said they wouldn't be doing it (without a large sum), but the free version of RPG Inferno would be fine to try and convert.

So....any takers that want to try?  I don't know how hard it would be...but...it's worth a shot....I'd do it, but I'm very programming-challenged....

Brian Lacy

It would be helpful to include a hyperlink in your post so people can see what the heck RPG Inferno is. I have no idea myself, and don't really feel like Googling for it.

Just a suggestion. :)

jkrlvgn

http://demo.infernotechnologies.net/

...you'll have to play around to figure it out, of course...

Anyway...if you don't know what it is, then that's fine....if you do, and you think a software conversion can be done from one format to the other, then it'd be kickass.  I don't know if it can be done....but....whatever.  I just know that there is a serious lack of RPG mods for SMF.

vbgamer45

Quote from: jkrlvgn on February 11, 2007, 05:06:28 PM
http://demo.infernotechnologies.net/

...you'll have to play around to figure it out, of course...

Anyway...if you don't know what it is, then that's fine....if you do, and you think a software conversion can be done from one format to the other, then it'd be kickass.  I don't know if it can be done....but....whatever.  I just know that there is a serious lack of RPG mods for SMF.

Looks like a pretty big mod. Took a look at the Admin CP. I would suggest you contact the mods author and see if they can get it ported to SMF. I noticed they do an invision version as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jkrlvgn

....yeah, I already tried that.  They said that since SMF is a "relatively unpopular forum software" that they wouldn't bother doing it.

jkrlvgn

......weeeeeeeeellllllll.....

......the creator of the mod is seriously thinking about doing a conversion after seeing how flexible SMF is.  The only problem that he can see is the lack of a cron manager in SMF....and he says he might be able to take care of that problem himself.

Anyway...just posting here to keep you guys updated.  When it's done, or avail, I'll let you know!!

vbgamer45

If he needs help let me know.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jkrlvgn

The only thing is that this RPG Inferno is usually a paid-for mod....so I don't know if he'll allow it for free or not, but....with the depth of programming, etc....this mod is very very nice.

I used to own it when I had a vBulletin board...decided to buy the owned version of RPG Inferno....

Once I get it installed, I'll post the link up and a test account to play with...if and when it gets compatible with SMF.

Advertisement: