Regenerating Threads

Started by Dragoness, February 15, 2007, 03:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoness

I am trying desperatly to get this mod built

buddy groups.
this means threads in the forum each group creates, (our board is parenting, so the names below are parenting names) that is ongoing for a semi-private discussion with members of the group. Membership is gained simply by asking the group to join.

Sept. 2006 Moms, or Moms of nursing infants (or whatever)

and all the ladies who are Sept 2006 moms could join and hold their own discussion about everything going on, what their babies are doing etc. The person who starts the group would have the original post and make the "front page." She would be in essence the "group leader." The front page is the first post and it has the description of the group, a list of members (made by the leader), images she has added etc.
After the thread reaches say 8 pages it would automatically lock and a new one with the same title and "front page" would begin. At the end of the old thread a link would appear directing the person to the new thread, and at the start of the new thread a link would appear directing the person back to the old thread if they need to go back and read some more.

The reason for this is to have an ongoing discussion with a smaller group of people without getting so many pages that you get lost. As it stands now we do it manually and its tough. Its the one feature that we really need to be able to draw membership because the old board all our moms belonged to had it (phpbb) and the members who have defected want buddy groups. Funny, even on the phpbb board I can't find a mod for it (for phpbb) so I have no idea how its done, but I have belonged to 3 different phpbb boards with it.

If its permitted I can reply here with a sample "front page" as if I were making a group here. It would include some blinkies and stuff.

I hope this makes sense. 

I also posted this as a feature request, I hope thats ok. We have just exhausted all other options trying to find something like this. Thanks!

Advertisement: