3 branches under one roof

Started by Justyne, August 15, 2004, 09:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justyne

Okay.. bear with me, I am attempting a long winded explanation of what I am trying to do so you can possible give me advice on how to realize this.

I have a message baord that devides into three different branches. At the moment we have one very, very, very looooooong board index page that makes you scroll forever. That is very annoying.

I would like to have three different index pages which you could access over buttons next to Search and Profile and Calendar. So that on each index page you see one of the branches but nothing else.

Now I guess it could be possible to do this with the template system somehow?

I am sure it is possible to do this by making three installations and sharing the member database and pm tables, etc etc. Just I wondered if you can do the same thing over templates. And of course which way do you reckon would be better?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

[Unknown]

You'll want to talk to Compuart.

-[Unknown]

Amacythe

Why not just use child boards?  Three main boards, and the others as child boards under those three boards.

Justyne

Nave, simply the sheer mass of boards on the index is a bit much... and this is with tons of childboards already. and childboards of chilboards of childboards.

I am trying to turn this nesting of boards into something user friendly and easier to navigate... because if you cannot find something because it is the 3 child of something that is just annoying. I do not want to post a map every time a new user joins ;)

Thanks for the hint unknown... I will definately try that ;) You, as always, save my day.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Advertisement: