News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Packages - are they applied to all templates.

Started by madfiddler, August 25, 2004, 09:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madfiddler

I'm using a modified version of the classic Yabbse template.

Just for fun, I've installed Grudges member specific permissions mod.. and I cannot find any of the options apparently available. This is the only mod I've installed so far.

So, my question is basically has the mod been applied to the classic template, or not. If it has, why can I not see it.

Thanks,

Mark.

Dem0n

Have you looked on the theme you installed it on?

madfiddler

Aha.. I didn't install with a theme. I uploaded a newbie RC1 with no database. Uploaded the upgrade files, and ran an upgrade on a yabbse database only... not the whole forum (code + database).

Kirby

probably because it goes into the Default package and the YaBB SE Theme has some different files...

madfiddler

Baring in mind that SMF are thinking of doing code updates using the package manager, I think these and mods should be applied to any theme uploaded, not just the default theme ??? Otherwise it's going to be damned hard for people using different themes etc to keep up to date...

[Unknown]

Yes, but how does a package get applied to every theme?

Consider, for example, one theme that shows this:

<table width="100%"><tr><td>fgfdgfdg</td></tr></table>

And another that shows:

<div>fgfdgfdg</div>

To a modification/package... these would look like... well like a rabbit and a goose!  Even though they are the same to you viewing it, they are different in code.  Themes can be radically different... and thus, it would be impossible to just "apply the change to all themes."

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: