News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Hits per day wrong!

Started by bloc, September 07, 2004, 12:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

One problem I have with SMF beta5 - upgraded from yabbse 1.55 - is that the hits per day seems to reset itself back to 0 when it hits around 2-3000 hits.

I have looked at the source and tried to fathom what is going on, but with no luck. The trackHits function seems good to me, and I can't see other parts that writes to the log_activity table.
I have done modifications but they generally is in Display, BoardIndex and Messageindex.

Anyone who can think of reasons the hits gets resetted like that?

In order to check , I added an extra table and SQL call, which do just counting of hits - to compare - and the result is clear: each time it reaches 2-3000 it just go to 0.

How can this happen?

Ben_S

Beta 5 is old, you should consider upgrading to RC1. Beta 5 had a bug in it where if there was an error, eg in a template, sometimes the hits would be reset to 0 for that day. Suggest upgrading to RC1 and seeing if that solves it.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

bloc

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I will upgrade to RC1 eventually, but at least this info points me in the right direction. :)

[Unknown]

Quote from: Ben_S on September 07, 2004, 01:38:42 PM
Beta 5 is old, you should consider upgrading to RC1. Beta 5 had a bug in it where if there was an error, eg in a template, sometimes the hits would be reset to 0 for that day. Suggest upgrading to RC1 and seeing if that solves it.

I never figured that out, but people stopped complaining... so presumably it got solved... or something.... dunno, actually....

I could never figure out why it was resetting to zero in the first place :P!

-[Unknown]

Ben_S

Seems to have stopped doing it at beta6, I can no longer reproduce it.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

bloc

I have some errors in my own template files..extra functions I have added. Mostly variables that goes like "8: Use of undefined constant sjekkb..". I have started to fix those, and dicovered that the hits has not been reset today.. and there were no errors today - as of yet. Probably because people have not used the function yet ;)

So when those are gone, things might change.

Reason I hesitate to upgrade to RC1 is that I only just finished a major upgrade and want to wait a while before doing the next... ;)

Advertisement: