News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting from YaBBSE 1.4.1 to SMF Questions

Started by BigZ, September 07, 2004, 10:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigZ

YaBBSE 1.4.1 to SMF ::

1.  Is there any way I can use the same MySQL database for the two versions?  ie.  As opposed to shutting down and doing the conversion, can I install SMF into a different directory and have them both access the same database while I do some tweaking before redirecting my $www$/index.php to the new forum?

2.  Does anyone know of a picture gallery mod for SMF that will integrate in such a way that when users post pics their user name will be recognized as the poster of the picture.... unregistered people can't post, etc...   That would really kick. 

Thanks a bunch!
Dave

[Unknown]

Quote from: daviez on September 07, 2004, 10:04:04 PM
YaBBSE 1.4.1 to SMF ::

1.  Is there any way I can use the same MySQL database for the two versions?  ie.  As opposed to shutting down and doing the conversion, can I install SMF into a different directory and have them both access the same database while I do some tweaking before redirecting my $www$/index.php to the new forum?

Well, first off you will have to upgrade to YaBB SE 1.5.x.  So, for this, you're either going to have to monkey around a lot in the database and copy all the tables and settings, or you're going to have to backup and then restore if something goes wrong.

The SMF upgrader/converter has the facility to create backup (copy) tables, which you could use for YaBB SE - but it will only work on 1.5.x.

Quote2.  Does anyone know of a picture gallery mod for SMF that will integrate in such a way that when users post pics their user name will be recognized as the poster of the picture.... unregistered people can't post, etc...   That would really kick. 

Thanks a bunch!
Dave

I believe Coppermine does that - just search for it ;).

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: