PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 77F47917

Started by stevej, September 09, 2004, 05:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevej

I had a fair amount of traffic on my board earlier today and it started throwing this error.  It had a different error code on it occasionally.

I figured it was because I had my max_connections in mySQL set to 100 and it was getting maxed out.  I upped it to 1,000 and figured that would take care of it, but it didn't.

I shut off guest access and the problem cleared up, but I don't want to leave it like that.

I searched the forum here for the error message and found a post by Unknown saying that it was a bug in php 5 and to go back to 4.3.7.  I'm running 4.3.8.

Anybody have any ideas?

stevej

Check this out.  Posted at 11:23 today...and 17,000 views??

[Unknown]

Looks like someone's hammering your server..... specifically that topic.  I would make a note of its poster's ip address just in case it was him/her.

-[Unknown]

stevej

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 10, 2004, 04:23:06 AM
Looks like someone's hammering your server..... specifically that topic.  I would make a note of its poster's ip address just in case it was him/her.

-[Unknown]

That's what I thought after seeing that.

Is there something somewhere that I can query in the database to find who it was?  It wasn't the guy that posted the topic.

[Unknown]

Hmm... well, you would have to check your Apache/IIS/webserver access log.  It should have that information in it.... a lot :P.

-[Unknown]

stevej

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 10, 2004, 06:31:17 PM
Hmm... well, you would have to check your Apache/IIS/webserver access log.  It should have that information in it.... a lot :P.

-[Unknown]

Great...thanks. Just wanted to make sure I knew the best place to look.  SMF is so extensive, I wouldn't have been surprised to find what I needed in there.

[Unknown]

Quote from: stevej on September 10, 2004, 09:33:48 PM
Great...thanks. Just wanted to make sure I knew the best place to look.  SMF is so extensive, I wouldn't have been surprised to find what I needed in there.

Well, YaBB SE did, and the reason it was not included in SMF was because it was... unstable.  It was the number one reason forums went down, because it was logging so much information constantly.

It's a better job for the webserver anyway.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: