News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Coppermine with SMF

Started by faka111, September 10, 2004, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faka111

I have installed CPG in different folder.But when i tried to integrate coppermine with smf i am getting strange error.
I have installed both coppermine gallery and SMF on my site.I read the documentation in coppermine and was able integrate coppermine with SMF.
My gallery is loacted at
hxxp:vcrcsite.com/cpg/ [nonactive]
and smf
htpp://vcrc.com/forum/

When i click on login button in Coppermine gallery  , it is taking me SMF page and after I loginto SMF I have to use browser back button to log into gallery.
How do I add a button in SMF so that when users login and Click on gallery button ,they are directed to gallery page as logged in user?(what changes to be made in php files....? I am a newbie who knows only html

Thanks

Oldiesmann

This has been discussed quite a bit, but I don't think anyone has actually come up with a solution to this yet.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

kegobeer

I have Coppermine and SMF integrated successfully.  If I click on the login button in Coppermine, it redirects me to SMF.  Once logged in, I click on the Gallery button and I'm in Coppermine, logged in correctly.

Right now that's the only way it works.  However, the next version of Coppermine will work seemlessly with SMF, so you can call the login function from SSI.php in Coppermine, which will redirect you back to Coppermine.  In fact, you'll be able to use any SSI function from within Coppermine!  No release date yet, it's still being tested.

[edit]
I also solved the redirect issue, so after logging in you are sent back to Coppermine.  That will also be in the next version.
[/edit]
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

faka111

Thanks for the replies ..
All I want to know is which file in SMF should I modify(and php code) so that I can place a button "Gallery"  next to Home button and make a hyperlink to Gallery page. After logging into the forum , when a user clicks on gallery button he should be directed to gallery page.

roboter88

For a SSI solution see here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16538.0

without SSI see here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=13450.0

For integrateing a button to the main navigation see the grphics template board or search for button navigation or something....

The code is inside the index.template.php inside ur theme directory

:)

Advertisement: