News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error using search

Started by DucMan, September 10, 2004, 10:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DucMan

Hello, I am new to the board (as well as the software).  A board I frequent just upgraded but is having a problem with the search feature.  I looked for the solution here but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  I apologize in advance for the redundant question.

When you click on search you get the following error message:
Notice: Undefined index: simpleSearch in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(1090) :
eval()'d code on line 30

If you type in some search parameters, it will return results, however under each result the following error comes up:
Notice: Undefined index: date in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(1090)
: eval()'d code on line 202

I saw in a previous post that the problem may be caused by old search.php and search.template files.  How can I tell if my files are old and where can I get updated ones?  (the board I am using recently upgraded from yabbse to smf rc1

Thanks for your help.

roboter88

Mybe it got updated...or a upload fizzeld?

I had a similar error try upoad search.template.php and post.template.php into your theme directorys.

Make a backup of the files before you do this.

DucMan

Thanks roboter88,

I uploaded the search.template into the themes directory and it worked!  I appreciate your help.

Advertisement: