News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Posts timing out.

Started by thirtyfive35, September 13, 2004, 09:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thirtyfive35

Hi... I love this board... thats why I use it :) but I am running into a small problem with some sites that use it. People get messages everyone now and then that go something like this,... "unable to post, someone posted from your IP less than 5 seconds ago" (thats not word for word but similar) ...
well I changed the wait time in the settings and that didnt work... will the upgrade possibly fix that problem?

[Unknown]

You changed it to be lower, to no avail?  Have you tried 0?

It should be noted that 1.0 RC1 detects IP addresses a little better than Beta 5 did - if that's what you mean by upgrade.

What's happening is two people are posting at the same time, or within five seconds of each other, from the same IP address.

-[Unknown]

thirtyfive35

hmm no... im using yabbse... and yes i tried 0 even -1 it still happens... guess im stuck... the funny thing it can happen if no one else is posting or even logged on. and even if you wait 5 seconds... or 5 minutes it wont let you post unless you close down your window and open a new one...

[Unknown]

Quote from: thirtyfive35 on September 14, 2004, 01:18:03 AM
hmm no... im using yabbse... and yes i tried 0 even -1 it still happens... guess im stuck... the funny thing it can happen if no one else is posting or even logged on. and even if you wait 5 seconds... or 5 minutes it wont let you post unless you close down your window and open a new one...

Hmm... YaBB SE.  Do I even have that anywhere?

Find this in Subs.php:
function spam_protection()
{
global $timeout, $REMOTE_ADDR, $txt, $db_prefix;

Right after it, just add:

return false;

That should force it not to display the error *ever*.

And, yes, SMF should work better in this respect ;).

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: