News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Many empty boxes with "X" -WEIRD

Started by Nitro, September 16, 2004, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

Q.---Why do I have the little boxes with red x's in them??? They are everywhere here in this forum--

This question was asked by one of my members and i noticed that too when i created a testdrive account while ago for someone here, and i noticed i didn't see the pictures for every buttons but all i see is 'empty boxes with red x's in them. and this happens to only NEW members, the rest of the old members are not having this problem... hmmm!

can someone tell me what might be the problem? i checked all the paths but if this would be the case i would have the same problem and all the rest of the forum.

thank you!

i can give you a test account so you can log in to see what i am talking about.
MPF Rocks!!!

Nitro

so what you are saying is, i should get these two litle files, where can i get these? aren't they supposed to come with the new SMC RC1?

thank you
MPF Rocks!!!

[Unknown]

Quote from: mrichard on September 17, 2004, 12:11:32 AM
so what you are saying is, i should get these two litle files, where can i get these? aren't they supposed to come with the new SMC RC1?

thank you

-richard
www.melpowerforum.com

They should have.  And, if you're not seeing X's, then... that's really weird.  If you click the links, do the images show for you?

Comparable images on this site:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/Themes/default/on.gif
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/Themes/default/collapse.gif

(there are others I think that are showing as X's.)

I'm a moron.  These are without the images part of the URL.  They should have images/ in them.... odd.  I'm not sure why this could be happening... are you using a custom theme with perhaps a wrong images URL?

-[Unknown]

Nitro

MPF Rocks!!!

[Unknown]

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 17, 2004, 12:17:06 AM
I'm a moron.  These are without the images part of the URL.  They should have images/ in them.... odd.  I'm not sure why this could be happening... are you using a custom theme with perhaps a wrong images URL?

-[Unknown]

Sorry, I edited my post.

-[Unknown]

Nitro

i am using the defaul theme, i have installed other ones but i am not even using that because they are from the old beta 5. so i assume they are not supposed tobe used. to answer -no.

was that a hint?
MPF Rocks!!!

[Unknown]

Quote from: mrichard on September 17, 2004, 12:22:45 AM
i am using the defaul theme, i have installed other ones but i am not even using that because they are from the old beta 5. so i assume they are not supposed tobe used. to answer -no.

was that a hint?

Hmm... very strange.  Could you either upgrade my test account to admin or give me a (temporary) admin account?  Just for a few minutes, to investigate.

Thanks,
-[Unknown]

Nitro

sure...

did you get it... i have edited out this... let me know
MPF Rocks!!!

[Unknown]

I fixed it ;).  The default theme's images url was indeed set incorrectly - very strange, though...

May have been a minor mistake, or a bug in something... :/.

-[Unknown]

Nitro

WOW!! thank you so much!!! YOU ROCK!
i want to learn so much as you do, one of these days you will have me here helping out others!

thank you
MPF Rocks!!!

Amacythe

* Amacythe chuckles

I think you are be as good as 'God' 

Advertisement: