News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

administrator is shown as moderator

Started by luiscamino, September 22, 2004, 12:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luiscamino

as weird as it sounds, it says "moderator" under my name in all posts instead of "administrator" (and of course shows the color of the stars in moderator mode) since i upgraded to smf. in my profile it says administrator and haven't seen any other place to fix this. any idea? check it out (first post): http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/forum/index.php/topic,2215.0.html
luis gonzález-camino calleja
www.luiscamino.com
www.avantglance.com
www.clubsonyericsson.com

Amacythe

You are shown as Moderator because you are one of the moderators of each board.

luiscamino

then what's the point of the different color stars? i liked my yellow stars, i want to look different from my moderators as always. and i also want to make sure people reads i'm the administrator.
www.luiscamino.com
www.avantglance.com
www.clubsonyericsson.com

Amacythe

As the administrator, you still have the moderator abilities.  I suggest you assign moderators to the different boards, and not make yourself a moderator; or you could register a second account and use that for a moderator in the boards, but use your own membername for the adminstrator account.

[Unknown]

SMF is just doing as it's told.

You're saying, "call me a moderator on this board".  And it's saying, "okay, boss."

-[Unknown]

trenchteam

I think he wants his name to show up on all the boards.  Well, I like being undercover and playin God in my forums.  better that way IMO.

Amacythe

Quote from: luiscamino on September 22, 2004, 12:15:58 AM
then what's the point of the different color stars? i liked my yellow stars, i want to look different from my moderators as always. and i also want to make sure people reads i'm the administrator.

Sorry trenchteam, but I read the above quote to state clearly that he wants everyone to know he's the admin.  That title is being overridden by the moderator title.  It is best not to be listed as a moderator of a forum unless you want to be shown as a moderator of that forum. 

luiscamino

I JUST UNDERSTOOD IT.

okay okay, so this thing definitely works in a different way than yabbse. in yabbse the administrator was always shown in posts as administrator, no matter if it at the same time had been added to the moderators list of a forum. in smf, in order to make "administrator" appear in all posts, i would have to remove myself in the moderators list of all forums...

i guess there's no way to go back to the old system...
www.luiscamino.com
www.avantglance.com
www.clubsonyericsson.com

Amacythe

I don't understand the problem... if you are shown as Administrator in every post you make and you have all the moderation abilities, why do you need your name on each forum saying you are the moderator of a forum?  As Administrator you are both Moderator of all boards and Adminstrator of all boards.

Advertisement: