Two spelling mistakes on the SMF Community homepage

Started by Louis (CSpotkill), September 22, 2004, 12:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis (CSpotkill)

I first noticed these a month or two ago, but didn't want to make a big deal out of it. But since no one else seems to have noticed, I figure I might as well mention it ...

There are two spelling mistakes for the General English Support section. The first is in the description:

Current:  English user help for SMF. Please use the targeted child boards to expediate your request.
Corrected: English user help for SMF. Please use the targeted child boards to expedite your request.

The second is in the name of a child board:

Current: Child Boards: Install and Upgrade Help, Administration and Functionality, Convertors and Importers
Corrected: Child Boards: Install and Upgrade Help, Administration and Functionality, Converters and Importers

It's not a big deal, really. I only noticed because I'm making a theme for the contest and I typed in the data from the homepage to make an HTML comp/mock-up.

Edit: Well, I guess you could use "Convertor", but I've never seen it before. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Convertors

As for Expediate, it's technically a word, but obsolete.
My SMF Mods:

Jazhawk

Oldiesmann

Nothing wrong with using obsolete words :-P

Never noticed either of those before. Of course, I don't usually pay that much attention to most of the site (besides the community, download page and a few other areas regular users can't see...).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Louis (CSpotkill)

Hmm. This has given me an idea - what if we add the spell checker to some of the admin sections, like News or Manage Boards, or even the template editing? ;D (I could probably mod it myself, I just hadn't thought of it until now.)
My SMF Mods:

Anguz

Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Louis (CSpotkill)

Seems we've got a regression ;)
Quote from: CSpotkill on September 22, 2004, 12:21:35 PM
English user help for SMF. Please use the targeted child boards to ... your request.
I like the hasten, but it's targeted not targetted :P You were so paranoid about spelling it correctly, you inserted a typo?  ;D

(Oh and on the Charter Membership page, which I just happened to be reading because I was considering the purchase of one, it says member's only - that should be members only *grins*)
My SMF Mods:

Trekkie101

lol cool, I would have never noticed, I argued with a dictionarys spelling once, turns out I was wrong.

David

This space for rent.

Amacythe

Does that mean you're fixing it David?  I can't do anything about it myself.

Louis (CSpotkill)

::) what the heck? Now it's back to expedite - and it still says targetted! ;)

Thanks for trying. lol. I think the doc team should proofread the official material before it gets posted (and sorry if that means extra work for you, Amacythe!)  :P
My SMF Mods:

Amacythe

That was posted long before I was a member of the team :P

David

Now they are:
English user help for SMF.  Please use the targeted child boards to expedite your request.

and:
Converters and Importers
This space for rent.

Cypher7

while we're on the subject... ;)

On support.simplemachines.org

QuoteIf you are having immediate problems or wish to have your forum installed or upgraded for you please take a look at . For anything else, please direct your attention to the forum.

Also... the last line which is a link... is broken into two...

Louis (CSpotkill)

Quote from: David on March 08, 2005, 05:27:46 AM
Now they are: English user help for SMF. Please use the targeted child boards to expedite your request.
and: Converters and Importers

Yeah, except you didn't have to worry about the expedite or converters - I started this topic on September 22, 2004, 12:21:35 PM - and just replied now about the "targetted" regression :P
My SMF Mods:

Advertisement: