News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Sitemap

Started by SlammedDime, May 12, 2007, 05:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

You'll have to install it manually on that edit... another mod has modified that section and it shouldn't have.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

FireDitto

Quote from: SlammedDime on April 19, 2010, 05:56:57 PM
Quote from: FireDitto on April 14, 2010, 09:48:47 PM
Ahh, I have an issue.

...snip...

But I can no longer access the following in Administration, or their sub menus:
- Core Features
- Features and Options
- Security and Moderation
- Modification Settings
You'd have to manually check the ManageSettings.php file... chances are that the code for this mod got installed into the wrong spot in the file because another mod improperly added code.

Okay... but I've had /no/ issues what so ever with installation of modifications... How do I know what it is I'm looking for? As I said before, the Sitemap installed cleanly, when I removed it, that went cleanly as well. As did the re-installation just now.

So... How do I know what to look for? How do I know what is incorrectly placed and what is not?
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

swoodie

Hi i just installed this mod works on default theme,  to get it to work on January_alt i use that index.temp file?

can some have a look to see what is wrong as i couldn't find this code in    managesettings.php   'description' => $txt['modification_settings_desc'],      'tabs' => array(         'general' => array(         ),

other mods i have installed are SP , Ad mod, Treasury, Avea Media all for RC3

thanks in advance

i am pretty sure i resolved it  added to indextemp.php  seem to be showing up link working.

mu271828

I was about to ask why the XML sitemap does not contain pretty URLs, though the mod of the same name is installed..

But then I discovered that line 189 of Sitemap.php checks for $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'] == 'on', where it is really set to '1' when they're enabled.  Works great now.  Just in case anyone has the same problem.

Thanks for the mod!

SlammedDime

Ah... looks like Dannii changed it somewhere along the line... it 'used' to be 'on'.  Nice find
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

netjockey

hello Freinds

I'm running SMF latest 1.1.11 with Sitemap Mod with Pretty URLs.

SMF Sitemap   1.2.2
   Pretty URLs   1.0RC

the  Pretty URLs are working and the HTML sitemap is also correct.

The problem is that the  XML sitemap is still using the board=9.0, and topic=1145.0 URLS.

websitenamedotcom/forums/index.php?action=sitemap;xml

xml sitemap is shown like these

websitenamedotcom/forums/index.php?board=1.0
websitenamedotcom/forums/index.php?topic=1.0
websitenamedotcom/forums/index.php?topic=5.0

Why the Xml sitemap is not picking up pretty urls

Arantor

Quote from: netjockey on May 06, 2010, 08:09:34 AM
Why the Xml sitemap is not picking up pretty urls

Look at the two posts IMMEDIATELY before yours.

netjockey

Great Support thanks a lot

coolfx350

Thanks for the great mod.

I bought a package called Sitemap Generator www.xml-sitemaps.com, not sure if you heard of it, it works good overall.

I installed your mod and did a .xml to .xml comparison, it looks like their sitemap has 35% more URLS in it, but yours looks much cleaner, I was just wondering why it doesn't grabs all the urls that sitemap generator grabs?

My old sitemaps always have problems with google webmaster tools where it only index 20% of URLs I submited. not very good..

I have just submitted your version sitemap, see how it works with google webmaster tools.

keep up the good work.

SlammedDime

Their program/version probably grabs every conceivable link, which is not practical... you shouldn't have to care about search engines knowing about the link to register, or the link to the forum stats, etc... the meat of your site is the boards and topics, which is exactly what my sitemap generates.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Arantor

*nods* It follows every possible link, not knowing whether any are more important than any other.

In fact, it may even figure that the register link is more important because it appears on every page...

coolfx350

no I have robot.txt that filters links such as register, profiles, etc etc.

Filename            Status    Format    Downloaded     URLs submitted     Indexed URLs
   sitemap1.xml    OK        Sitemap    May 6, 2010    92                             1

So your sitemap file, google webmaster tools says submitted 92, index 1? any ideas why this is?

SlammedDime

Well a sitemap will never promise or guarantee that you will be indexed (and any program or software telling you otherwise is lying), they can only make the search engine aware of what pages there are to index... it's up to the search engine if it feels like indexing them, and that will be based on quality and content of the page itself.  I can't really answer why google has only indexed one page out of 92... that's something out of my control.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

coolfx350

Quote from: mu271828 on May 04, 2010, 03:30:12 AM
I was about to ask why the XML sitemap does not contain pretty URLs, though the mod of the same name is installed..

But then I discovered that line 189 of Sitemap.php checks for $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'] == 'on', where it is really set to '1' when they're enabled.  Works great now.  Just in case anyone has the same problem.

Thanks for the mod!

On one of my forums, if I set

$modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'] == 'on'

to

$modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'] == '1'

I get this message

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://www.myforums.com/index.php?action=sitemap;xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:
^

but with "on" it works just fine, just not pretty url, please advise.

SlammedDime

You could try changing it to if (!empty($modSettings['pretty_enable_filters']))
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

coolfx350

Same error after set it to

// Pretty URLs need to be rewritten
if (!empty($modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'])) {
      ob_start('ob_sessrewrite');
      $context['pretty']['search_patterns'][] = '~(<loc>)([^#<]+)~';
      $context['pretty']['replace_patterns'][] = '~(<loc>)([^<]+)~';
   }
}

Vincent Volmer

Hello SlammedDime,

I can enter this page again.... thanks.

Hereby my question:

URL http://digiscrap.nl/index.php?pretty;action=sitemap&amp;xml
8: memcache_set() [<a href='function.memcache-set'>function.memcache-set</a>]: send of 32768 bytes failed with errno=11 Resource temporarily unavailable
File: /shared/usr/wzen1234567/DOMAIN/www.digiscrap.nl/HTML/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2532

Don't know if this has something to do with the sitemap mod or memcache.....

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards,
Digiscrap.nl
Vincent Volmer

Vincent Volmer

Hello SlammedDime,

The virus warning ( JS:Illredir-AN [Trj] ) as I send you by PM is still present on page 2..... of this topic....
only on page 2 I see now.

Vincent

SlammedDime

I think Avast is giving you a false reading... I checked page two of this topic and I can't find any malicious scripts/avatars in anyones signatures or avatars.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Vincent Volmer

Okay, thanks.

Btw, I'm using: G Data Internetsecurity 2010  ;)

VIncent

Advertisement: