News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adding "font" "size" and "colour" to BBCode Bar For Signature

Started by kerrang!, May 13, 2007, 02:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerrang!

Quote from: Kays on May 21, 2007, 04:56:40 PM
Hi, I can see where that can be a problem. :)

It might be possible to alter the code for the color tag to do that. But then any links in a post in color tags will do the same.

As long as they're underlined, that might not be that bad.
Hey Kays,

I don't think it would be bad either, so that would ideal buddy. thanks for your help =)
~Kerrang
I'm my own worst enemy! :P

Css Help <--Having difficulty matching the look of the code function with the style of "quote".. =)

Kays

Unfortunately, I was a bit too hasty and it can't be done that easily. The colour tag needs to be around the text inside of the link. So that would require a parser of some sorts for the signature data. I don't know if I'm into writing one but I'll keep it in mind.

Can't you just get them to properly nestle the url and color tags. Write a tutorial on it and sticky it. :)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

kerrang!

Quote from: Kays on May 21, 2007, 07:00:15 PM
Unfortunately, I was a bit too hasty and it can't be done that easily. The colour tag needs to be around the text inside of the link. So that would require a parser of some sorts for the signature data. I don't know if I'm into writing one but I'll keep it in mind.

Can't you just get them to properly nestle the url and color tags. Write a tutorial on it and sticky it. :)
Oh well... =)

~Kerrang!
P.s Here's where I said even more of a newbie but I'm not sure how to nestle the url? (html?) Yeah I am a beginner in this, but I appreciate the help buddy. ~Nooob

Css Help <--Having difficulty matching the look of the code function with the style of "quote".. =)

Kays

[url=http://MySite.com][color=red]MySite[/color][/url]

But that dioesn't address the problem when the link is automatically created.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

kerrang!

Quote from: Kays on May 21, 2007, 07:47:01 PM
[url=http://MySite.com][color=red]MySite[/color][/url]

But that dioesn't address the problem when the link is automatically created.
Oh right... (Sorry I wasn't thinking)

I don't know why I didn't think of trying it this way but a guide isn't a problem at all, so I will do that. Thanks for being patient here kays + for the help =)

Kudos!
~kerrang!

Advertisement: