News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

EMAIL NOT REACHING NEW MEMBERS

Started by Nitro, September 24, 2004, 04:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

I have been using this feature sending emails to members, and to find out if all of my members get these important emails I have created a user id #798 well, actually that was the next place for registration. so i have sent several emails and i noticed my user #798 doesn't get my emails. i checked for spam filters and things like that and there is nothing to prevent from receiving emails from my forum.

why is this happening? i have now more than 1012 members so i guess not all of them are getting emails.

any suggestion? everything else works great!

-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

Ben_S

If you are sending out mass mailings, the server is probably not sending them all due to there being too many to do in one go.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Nitro

so what you are saying is, eventually new members will get these emails?

-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

Ben_S

What I am saying is, if you are using the Admin > Email Members feature, and trying to email a very large group, then the server may reject a lot of them.

You are best off breaking the list down into small managable chunks, yes it will take longer for you to do that way, but the delivery will be more reliable. [Unknown] does have plans for a way to handle this better in the future, but for now do as I said above for it to work.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Nitro

hey! that is an idea!
will do that!

thank you man!

-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

[Unknown]

Or you could send it by membergroup, although newbies would be the worst of it.

If you can prune off fake emails (unactivated accounts) it should help greatly.

-[Unknown]

Nitro

i'm sorry, what's prune emails and how do i know if they are fake? i am using the 'activate membership by email"

-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

[Unknown]

Quote from: mrichard on September 25, 2004, 01:27:44 AM
i'm sorry, what's prune emails and how do i know if they are fake? i am using the 'activate membership by email"

-richard

If you go to "register new member" or "registration management", you should see a list of members who have registered, but not activated their accounts; these email addresses may be fake or mistyped.

-[Unknown]

Nitro

oh i see!

thanks for the tip, i will keep this in mind.

-richard
MPF Rocks!!!

Advertisement: